Chapter 29 Part 2

Ara's P.O.V.

"Water guns!" I excitedly exclaim and hand a loaded one to Cole.

"Man we haven't used these since we were kids," Cole says, staring down at the super soaker.

"Okay, the plan is to sneak up on them and attack," I say in a mysterious voice, crouching my knees.

"Why are you talking 'like this'?" Cole asks, imitating me.

I straighten up, "Cole if we are going to do this we have to do this the right way. We have to pretend we're secret agents and my brothers and yours are the targets."

"How old are you?" Cole asks incredulously.

"Sixteen, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun. Age is just a number, not a mentality," I reply.

Cole stares at me for a second before nodding his head. He smiles and I look away before I can get distracted. I need to focus and take out the proverbial enemy that are my brothers!!

We make our way to the garden where the boys are still playing tag. They always could play for hours when we were kids and I knew today would be no different. Once they get started, nothing can stop them but themselves.

"On the count of three we attack," Cole says, clearly in the zone.

"Okay, but first I should warn you. I had Chef put food coloring in the guns, so once we're in there it's every man for himself," I warn him.

"What?" Cole asks.

"Attack!" I scream a battle cry and go charging into the garden, immediately hitting Thomas and Carter and Cole's got Ryder and Scott. I search for Jason and spot him on the other side of the garden.

"Charge!" I cry and sprint towards him and before he registers it, I hit him smack in the chest with the red water. Jason advances towards me with a determined glance in his eyes. Uh oh.

I turn around yelling, "retreat!"

And stop running when I see Cole standing a few feet in front of me with his gun aimed straight at me.

"You did say every man-" he starts but I spray him before he finishes his sentence.

"Men who talk before they shoot always end up getting shot themselves," I say as I shoot him. Carter grabs the gun from him and shoots me. I squeal as the cold green water hits me.

We run around taking turns with the water guns and everyone ends up looking like Christmas.

When we run out of water, we fall to the ground laughing.

"Where's Will?" Cole asks suddenly.

"He went to check on Lucy, said he couldn't fully enjoy super duper fun day without her," Carter says.

We stay on the ground and I listen to the boys crack jokes amongst themselves, I smile at their idiocy.

Eventually I declare shower time and for everyone to meet up in the kitchen in an hour.

After showering and handing off my clothes to one of the staff members so that she could get it washed. Sometimes it feels like we're living in a freaking castle and any minute someone is going to knock on my door and tell me the Queen wishes to speak with me.

I head off to the kitchen where I had the Chef prepare special popcorn. It's popcorn infused with pretzels, m&ms, twix, Hershey's drops, chips ahoy, crunch, and all kinds of chocolatey goodness.

For dinner we're having pizza and popcorn. The boys excitedly cluck over the treats and we head off into the movie theater, yes they have a legit movie theater in the house, to watch movies.