Chapter Three

Here goes another day of beating from my father over some boy I was suppose to avoid. Unfortunately for me, this has been going on for an entire week. The only good that came out of this week is Noelle was able to find better hiding spots to save herself from our father's wrath.

"Meghan."

"Leave me alone, please," I begged with a small voice, not sparing him a second glance. "I don't even know your name and you've been pestering me all week."

"E', just E'."

"What? Like the drug?" I chuckled to myself, joke slipping from lips instead of remaining in my thoughts.

"If that's what you prefer to me remember by," he smiled. "An exotic drug you have to try."

"Yeah," I mumbled. His quip killed the short lived mood. "No thanks, buddy."

"You're absolutely right. You have to take baby steps for a drug like that," he quipped again, smirking at his own antics.

"A quick thinker," I sighed. "I hate those."

"Isn't that what you are?"

"You're right, which is why I also hate myself."

Ceasing in my tracks, I gazed upon the large view of my horrendous school. This boy, E', hadn't known it, but he hit too close to home. He could speculate my sustain for people, but never possibly my disdain for myself. A disdain that was nurtured into my insecurities by those who loathed the land I walked on.

Turning my body around, I surveyed the area once more, paranoia nesting in my system. "You have to stay away from me."

I prayed father wouldn't do something as insane as this. Something like spying on me in school. That's crazy talk! There were much better things he could do to keep himself occupied, like shagging one of his coworkers.

"Meghan," he tried to reassure me, taking a step closer towards me, causing me to flinch and take a step back. "What's wrong. Did you see something?"

"N-No, it's fine. Just leave me alone," my voice cracked, eyes faltering to the ground and watery. "I've been preaching to you about it for a week now. I don't understand why you won't leave me be."

"No, I don't want to. Call me selfish, but I can't. You're different," he continued his miniature steps towards me, causing me to stumble on a rock. Instinctively, I embraced for the impact, clenching my eyelids shut. But my body did not meet the ground. "And I like different."

I was confused at first, expecting the familiar licks of pain to caress my skin. Not strong arms, warmly wrapped in a firm embrace. But tender enough to not hurt me, only keeping me steady. I felt protected, assured that everything was going to be alright.

Opening my eyes, I found myself uncomfortably close to E'.

"See? You need me," he whispered, eyes gazing upon mine.

"No, I don't. Me almost falling was your fault. If I hadn't have met you, all of this wouldn't have happened."

"I highly doubt that," he mumbled, not realizing it was loud enough for me to hear.

Suddenly, the last bell resounded throughout the building, alerting students they should be in class by now. Honestly, they think three minutes is enough time to get to class when it's really not. If anything, they should give us an extra minute. That's all we need.

Dashing from E', my destination was to homeroom. I didn't have any time to go to my locker. That is, if I had much of a locker left after yesterday's ordeal.

The Nerd⎜UNEDITEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara