Chapter 7

I ran to the door, legs trembling in fear from the unknown. I soon started to fumble with the door knob, hands trembling wildly along with my knees, not able to cope with my mental process any longer of staying focus.

"H-Hurry, Meghan," my mother wept even further as she sat in her same spot, looking up at me with glazed eyes, causing me to get back a few of recently lost wits and to turn the knob, opening the door.

"Come with me," I whispered with unknown need back towards her as I had held the door wider for the both of us.

"I-I can't-"

"Yes you can, Momma. Now, come on.-"

"No, I can't. I-I'll just hold you back a-and I-I can't bring another being into this cruel, unsafe world," she wept further, causing a new question to pop into my head.

Another being...did that mean that she was actually pregnant? That Noelle died for nothing? That I was left alone in this torturing chamber of a world for nothing? That I had nothing else to protect for nothing? That I had to suffer for nothing? That I had to go through all of this pain, depression, grief for nothing?

My blood started to boil the more I had thought about it.

"No, you're coming. You might as well considering that you were the one to get Noelle killed," I muttered, silently storming out of the room, not wanting to look at her any longer. "You better keep up, or I'll leave you behind to die off with your murderer of a husband."

I could take care of myself. I had the money, the clothes, the defendant skills...

I left my bag. I left my bag outside, beside the tree, where those people probably are. It's probably too late to retrieve it right now considering the situation we're at right now.

It's probably stolen or maybe even used as bait for me to retrieve and for them to kill me as.

Like what hunters do now to capture animals and use them as either food, display, or maybe even furniture for them to walk all over on in full blown pride. And that sickens me to a great extent...which is why my personality is half Fluttershy and half Twilight Sparkle - which I am greatly proud of...

It's a My Little Pony reference.

I crept down the last step of the staircase and towards the door, looking around me cautiously for anything. Once it was clear, I lifted my right hand to the knob, not expecting it to be blazing hot, causing me to yelp and jump back from the door, clutching my fragile hand. I looked down at it to see if it was okay, only to find a scorching red mark, causing my fear level to go up another octave.

Instantly I knew that there was a fire on the other side of that door. I was thankful that the smoke hadn't gotten in the house yet depending on how dad removed the windows and replaced them with walls, and had bought a longer door so that no sounds were heard - which they probably still were - and thankfully, it was able to smoothly open and close without any problems.

Completely forgetting about caution, I ran to the back door, heart pounding in my chest. Once I had made it, I reached out to the knob, only to freeze, not wanting the same problem to happen with the front door.

I switched hands and then reached out again, this time using the tips of my fingers, only to yelp again in pain.

I needed to get to the Attic, there was a secret escape route I had made for both Noelle and I if any normal plans went south.

I sprinted away from the door and back to the staircase, forgetting all about those havoc people that were outside, who had probably started the fire. Once I had reached the stairs, I skipped by twos, only to fall flat on my face, thus breaking my glasses and to tumble back down the stairs.