Chapter 21

I whimpered nervously as I looked over the edge of the bench. We were on a ski lift and I was so terrified.

"Hey, Baby, it's okay," Frank whispered.

He tried to hold my hand but it was a little difficult with our big gloves.

"It's like that scene from the movie where the people got stuck on a ski lift and then they died and one fell off and broke his legs and was eaten by wolves," I said.

"What are you talking about?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"That's what happened, right?" I asked. "I-I don't know, I'm too scared to remember right now."

Frank leaned over, pressing his lips against mine. I felt myself relax as I kissed back, his tongue softly pushing in between my lips. I whimpered quietly, kissing him back desperately.

"I love you," I whispered.

Frank rest his forehead against mine as he smiled.

"I love you too," he said. "And I'm glad you're finally happy."

I nodded my head and we got to the part I dreaded most at the top.

"H-how do we get off?" I asked nervously.

"Just push off," he said.

We got to the top and I lost my balance and ended up falling on my face in the store. Frank helped me up and brought me over to the side. His mom and Diana came up on the next lift, his dad and grandpa back at the cabin.

"Alright, let's go to the bunny hill," Frank said.

I walked awkwardly in my skis to the hill and bit my lip.

"I-I don't think I can do this," I whimpered.

"You just bend your knees and go," Frank said. "This slope is straight and it isn't very steep."

I whimpered as I watched a five year old beside me go down the hill on his own.

"I'm a little nervous," I whimpered.

"That's okay, I'll be right by your side the entire time," he said.

I nodded my head, holding onto the poles. Frank went over all the basics and the next thing I knew I was going down the hill. I whimpered nervously, my movements all slow and shaky. Frank stayed beside me the entire time, his moves a lot more smooth and professional.

"You're doing great!" Frank cheered.

We got to the bottom and I smiled proudly.

"I knew you could do it," he said, giving me a kiss. "You wanna go again?"

I nodded my head and we went back up to the top of the hill. It was a little easier this time now that I wasn't so scared. Soon enough I was a little bit better and my moves became more fluent. We got to the bottom and I giggled happily as I kissed Frank's cheek.

"Let's take a little break," he said.

I nodded and we took off our skis and equipment before going into a little lounge. We sat by the fireplace and I didn't realize how tired I was until I flopped down into the armchair. Frank smiled, sitting down next to me. I giggled happily as we both squeezed into the one seat. He wrapped his arms around me, holding my close to him.

Thankfully there wasn't really anyone else here so i didn't mind being so open with Frank. He kissed my cheek and I blushed softly, burying my face into his shoulder.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," he said.

I looked over at him and smiled, a soft blush on my cheeks.