Chapter 17

~~

I walked down the hallway, keeping my head down. Frank wasn't here today because he had a doctors appointment and it left me all alone. I didn't realize how much I really needed him until now. There was something so emptying about being alone and being away from him.

Someone shoved me against the lockers and I whimpered. I looked over at Brendon as he stood there with his group of friends.

"Where's your faggy boyfriend?" Brendon asked.

Th-they know?! N-no, they don't know, I've been so careful.

"Frank isn't a fag," Lindsey said. "No way he's dating someone with a dick."

"If anything he's sticking into that fat ass Jamia," Kritsrin said.

"Why would he go for a pig like that when he could just fuck me?" Hayley asked.

I cowered against the lockers as I looked at them.

"You're right, not even a fag would wanna be with this hideous fuck," Brendon said, shoving me again.

Pete laughed, shoving me then.

"No one would ever fucking want you," he said. "You're fucking worthless."

Unfortunately for me class had started, which meant we were completely alone and not even a teacher could help me.

"Even your mother doesn't love you," Brendon said. "Remember all those times your mom would never show up to school events? I remember watching your own mom hit you and that's when I realized just how pathetic you were. Not even your own mother loves you."

I didn't say anything, I just looked down in shame. He was right, no one loved me. Not my mother and certainly not Frank.

That's when the first hit came to my jaw. After that was another swift punch to my stomach. I doubled over, groaning as I clutched my stomach. I was pushed over onto the ground where I was kicked.

"Oh my god, I'm, like, so bored," Kristin complained.

"You wanna skip class and get some frozen yogurt?" Lindsey asked.

"Does frozen yogurt have any fat?" Kristin asked. "Because I'm on the five bite diet and I'd rather there be as little fat as possible."

"What's the five bite diet?" Hayley asked.

"I only eat five bites of a meal," she said. "My caloric intake is only about 900 calories a day."

"Great, now you've really made this boring," Pete said. "Let's go."

They all left and soon I was alone in the hallway. To think I was left alone just because they got bored talking about diets. I stayed there for a moment before actually getting up. I didn't move for a while before I finally got the energy to stand up. I walked out of school and down the street I lived on.

I sniffled as I went into my house and up to my bedroom. My jaw was hurting as I laid down in my bed and closed my eyes. Tears stung my eyes but I tried my best to push them away as I buried my face into the pillow. The part that hurt the most is that they were right, they were right about everything. Nobody loves me and nobody could ever love me, Frank couldn't even love me. I'm too awful to love. I'm just fat and gross and nobody wants me.

I laid there for hours until I heard the front door open. I assumed it was my mom until my bedroom door opened. Someone crawled into bed behind me and wrapped their arms around me and I could immediately tell it was Frank from his cologne.

"Hey, Baby," Frank whispered. "I missed you."

I let out just a little mumble in reply.

"You okay?" He asked.