Chapter 2

I walked into the house with Jamia and looked around at all the boxes. Some dogs ran up and Frank smiled, hugging them.

"These are my dogs, Sweet Pea, Peppers, Mama and Sinatra," Frank said.

"Frank?" Someone asked.

A small lady with brown hair walked in and smiled.

"Did you make friends already?" She asked.

"Yes, this is Gerard and Jamia," Frank said. "They wanted to help me unpack."

She nodded and we went upstairs. Frank's bedroom was completely empty besides the basic furniture. Even his bed didn't have any sheets on it, there was just a throw blanket and a little pillow.

"Alright, most important thing," Frank said.

He reached into a box and smiled as he put a picture frame onto his nightstand. I looked at it and saw it was a photo he had taken of himself with his dogs.

"You really like your dogs," I remarked.

"Of course, they're my babies," Frank said.

"So, this is basically just an excuse to snoop through all your stuff," Jamia said.

Frank chuckled, opening a box. We helped him set up his room, putting books on the shelf and his sheets on his bed.

"I can get the clothes on my own time," Frank said as he hung up the last poster.

Jamia ran her fingers over one of Frank's guitars curiously.

"You play?" She asked.

"No, I have three guitars just for display to impress girls," Frank said sarcastically.

I giggled and he smiled at me.

"Well, doesn't seem to work for you if you don't have any girls," Jamia said.

"That's true," he said. "No, I like to play, I've been playing since I was about nine."

"It's pretty cool," Jamia said. "I don't play, I've never been very good at that kind of stuff and neither has my sister but our brother is pretty good. He's only eleven so he hardly practices but he isn't bad, thankfully, otherwise I'd have to listen to shitty playing."

Frank smiled, running his fingers over one of the guitars.

"Do you play?" Frank asked, looking at me.

"I also tried, not very good," I said.

"He's got a hell of a voice though," Jamia said.

"Really? Maybe we should do a duo or something sometime?" Frank suggested.

I blushed, shrugging as I looked down.

"I've never really played with someone before," I said.

"Don't worry, I'll be gentle," Frank said with a small wink.

My blushed deepened as I bit my lip.

"I'm kidding, you don't have to if you don't want to, I know some people are a little performance shy," he said. "I don't wanna be like that annoying relative that always asks you to play for them."

I giggled and he sat down on the bed.

"I'm hungry," he said. "Where's a good place to get some good food around here?"

"There's a McDonald's down the street," Jamia said.

"I'm a vegetarian but I'll get some fries," Frank said.