Chapter 3

"Good morning," Frank said when I walked down my driveway.

"You always have so much energy," I muttered.

We started walking as he smiled and pulled a chocolate bar out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"Really?" I asked.

He nodded and I took it from him. I broke it in half and handed him one.

"Have you finished unpacking?" I asked.

"Pretty much, we still have some kitchen things in boxes but the majority of it is all unpacked," he said. "My mom told me she'd get the rest of it today while I'm at school."

I smiled and nodded, pulling my hoodie tighter around me. We ate chocolate as we neared the school.

"God, I should've stayed home today," I muttered.

"But then I wouldn't have been able to see you," he said.

I blushed, looking at the school.

"Come on, let's go in," he said.

"No, I-I really don't want to," I said. "You go ahead, I'll see you later at home."

"Gee, it's okay," he said softly.

I shook my head and he reached over to hold my hand.

"I'll be by your side the entire time," he promised.

"You've still gotta go to your own classes," I said.

"I don't care, I'll skip just so I can follow you around all day," he said.

"Frank, it's your second day of school, you can't just start skipping classes already," I said.

"Oh yeah? Watch me," Frank said.

He started walking away from the school and I hurried to catch up with him.

"Frank?" I asked.

"I know that you have a really hard time in school so we can just skip," he said. "We can do something fun, you can show me around."

"I don't know, it's your second day of school," I said nervously.

"Well fuck it, who cares?" Frank asked

"No, come on," I said.

Frank followed me inside and I looked around nervously. Of course it was just my luck when I saw Pete no less than five feet away.

"Look who it is," Brendon said, pushing me back against the locker as I whimpered.

"Hey, don't fucking touch him," Frank said.

Frank stood between us and I looked at him with wide eyes. Oh god, what was he doing?

"Frank, stop," I whispered, tugging on his arm.

"No, they aren't going to pick on you anymore," Frank said.

I gasped as Pete punched him. Frank didn't seem to mind as he just fought back. I managed to break them apart, gaining a few punches from Pete in the process. I pulled Frank down the hall quickly

"I'm sorry," I said. "I didn't mean for--"

"Gee, it's alright, it's not like that was my first fight or anything," he said.

I looked at him sadly, noticing the small cut on his cheek and the bruise on his jaw.

"You don't have to fight my battles for me," I said. "Just let them hit me and stuff, it's not your problem."