Chapter 6

Wtf it's 95° out what happened I thought I wanna gonna get to wear my onesies again

~~

I walked outside and saw a chocolate bar sitting on top of my mailbox. Frank was walking to school and I sighed quietly as I picked up the candy bar that had been left there by frank.

I followed a few yards behind Frank, putting in my earbuds. Fifteen minutes I walked, just staring at the back of Frank's head as I tried my hardest not to cry. I pulled my sleeves down farther as we got near the school.

Frank looked back at me, giving me a small, sad smile before he walked inside. I followed behind, making sure to keep my distance. I went to my locker and found Jamia waiting for me.

"Hi," I said softly.

She smiled, kissing my cheek.

"How are you doing today?" She asked.

I shrugged, opening my locker.

"I love you, Gee," she said, intertwining our fingers.

"I love you too, Mia," I said.

I kissed her cheek and she smiled.

"You're the best," she said.

I gave her the last bit of my chocolate that I had gotten from Frank.

"I love you so much," I said. "Thank you for everything."

I grave her a tight hug and she buried her face into my chest. She sniffled quietly and I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Please don't cry," I whispered. "If you cry then I'll start crying."

"I'll always be here for you, Gee," Jamia mumbled.

I nodded, kissing the top of her head. We pulled apart as the hallway started to fill up. I held her hand and she pulled my arm up, giving my wrist a soft clean.

"One day clean," she whispered. "You can start over. But you're a day now, the hardest part."

"One day," I mumbled.

I used to be four months clean, I ruined all that like I ruin everything else.

"Soon you'll be saying two million days clean," she said.

I smiled softly, kissing her cheek.

"I'll see you at lunch," she said.

I smiled and nodded, giving her hand a small squeeze before we walked our separate ways. Thankfully it seemed that flu bug was going around because Pete and Lindsey were both out sick, they were the worst of them all.

The day was mostly peaceful, other than the moments when I had to just avoid Frank. We even sat next to each other in fourth hour but we just ignored each other the whole time. I could tell Frank wanted to talk to me, he hated silences and loved talking.

Lunch was finally here and I hurried to mine and Jamia's usual table. I sighed in relief as I sat down, pulling out my lunch.

"You're still not talking to Frank?" She asked.

"No, I don't want to see him anymore," I said.

"I saw him head into the library before lunch," Jamia said. "He's all alone, we were his only friends."

"I'm sure he'll be able to make new friends pretty easily," I mumbled. "He doesn't need me dragging him down."

"You don't drag him down," she said. "He likes you, he kissed you."