Chapter 11 - Destined for Danger

Start from the beginning

But then she remembered that the drugs helped (Y/N). They'd put her in a deep sleep. So she was fine out there, hopefully.

When Newt has completely calmed down, Thomas and Angela brought him back on his bed. Although when Angela held his legs, she suddenly backed away and let go of him like he was fire.

A vision played in her mind.

John, I'm not sure if we should do this.

Sheryl, it'll be fine. We'll have a new life and our baby won't be taken by W.I.C.K.E.D.

Alright. I trust you.

I'll get the other family and we'll meet each other here. I love you.

I love you too. John bent down to kiss the baby's head. I love you too Andrea. Daddy will come back.

"What's wrong?" Thomas asked, bringing her back to reality.

"Nothing," she waved it off.

She didn't know what that was. What just happened. Her head was pounding again but she didn't mention it. There were too many weird things happening already.

She tried once again to hold his legs, "it's just...nothing."

Thomas and Catherine didn't know what to say. They just wanted to get Newt on the bed and so they did.

"What happened to Newt?" Thomas asked Catherine.

"Nightmares. (Y/N) went through the same thing. Don't worry, he'll be fine."

"He won't have another nightmare again?"

"It doesn't happen twice with (Y/N)."

"But could you stay here in case it happens again?" Catherine gave Thomas a look and he realized what he was saying. "Right. I'll just call you if it does."

"Yeah. People talk Thomas." She slid to the other room, Angela walking behind her.

"Yeah," Thomas said as he looked at Newt.

He was about to ask Angela what happened earlier but the door in front of him was closed and locked. Guess he'll just ask her tomorrow.

-

James was in The Maze Runner realm, working on the fifth book in the series, The Fever Code. He was writing down the night when Newt and Thomas tried to visit Newt's little sister, Lizzy. While he was writing, he begun to wonder what was happening to the real Newt in the Realm of Stories. If he and (Y/N) have already reunited.

As he told (Y/N), if you are in the Realm of Stories, you now make your own destiny. Of course, James was just meant to record what was happening, but the Authors are given some leeway to change what they want to change, as long as it doesn't alter the course of the story. There's been too many alterations in this story, but they weren't made by James but the characters themselves.

The scene right in front of James stopped. He wondered what was wrong. Thomas was watching while Newt was in an embrace with his little sister. Neither moved or talked.