Midnight Break

Author/ hoeneytea
Word Count/ 3.7K
https://archiveofourown.org/works/6288022
___________________________

It was rather a cold night when Jeongguk arrived at their shared apartment. He expected to see Taehyung in their couch watching anything that could take their minds off from all the stress the day brought upon them, but Taehyung had called him in the afternoon saying that Seokjin has asked him to help in the elder's shop. He knows Taehyung can't refuse so he just sighed and asked what time he'll be home.

"I'll be home around 8 or 9 –pm?"

"That's too late"

"Baby, you practically go home at 12 or sometimes I have to call you over and remind you that you that you have the cutest and sexiest boyfriend waiting for you at home to feel your warmth and sweet kisses."

"Touché" Jeongguk sighed and he can see Taehyung pouting over the line, he knows Taehyung doesn't like being away from him also especially when the younger has complained to him a while ago how stressful work has been. He heard Taehyung sigh and he can see the older running his hand through his hair biting his lower lip.

"Just... just be careful when you go home"

"Mmhm"

"Don't forget to call when you're leaving Seokjin's shop okay?"

"Mmhm..."

"Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up?"

"Yes Jeonggukie, just go straight home and I promise you that I'll be there before you know it. Yeah?"

"Okay, fine." He lets out a throaty sigh.

"Love you, babe don't stress to much okay?"

"Love you too Tae"

Jeongguk has already prepared a late dinner for them in case the older one hasn't eaten yet, but that's impossible since we're talking about Seokjin here, he knows how meticulous the older one when it comes to food, especially he runs a restaurant. Jeongguk took his time grabbing a bottle of wine and a glass, a book before heading to the balcony. He should utilize his free time before Taehyung robs it with his kisses and cuddles. It's a rare occasion when its Jeongguk's turn to wait. It's usually Taehyung who does that and Jeongguk really appreciates it, he really does. He knows how stressed Taehyung is especially he has to take care of the little toddlers being sent to school for almost seven hours.

It's a lot of work, but when Jeongguk asked Taehyung, his lover replied him with his boxy smile and eyes twinkling while he talks about how fun it is to play with the kids even though it could be really stressful, the sense of fulfillment, making those children smile is worth it and overwhelming. Taehyung may have Ph.D. in Education, he still settled down on teaching children and Jeongguk can't help but fall in love with his lover of ten years all over again every time he talks about his work.

Jeongguk settled the bottle and the glass on the little table that was in between of two Morris chair that was handpicked by Taehyung himself. He settled himself in, let his body slide on the structure of the chair, his back being cushioned by a bulky yet comforting pillow. He looked around and his eyes settled the now occupied apartment room in front of theirs. It's been years since it's been occupied and he knows, Taehyung would be so enthusiastic about it. Their apartment building structure was far most simple yet elegant. Each one has a balcony that was facing each other. On the ground floor of it, it has a mini-garden, well decorated so that people can enjoy it while hanging out on their balcony. Simply means, when a person is out in the balcony and another one from another apartment complex, they can easily converse as the distance between each isn't that wide nor narrow.