Theres No Place Id Rather Be (When I Am With You)

Author/ ygjhs
Word Count/ 5.6K
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12015288
___________________________

The overlooking ocean never seems to cease with its roaring but ebbing waves. The cerulean aqua fades and reaches back into its warmth, the clear water shining brightly under the morning sun. The rays strike the water and it appears as if there were pearls and diamonds floating on it, the ocean seeming like a treasure chest out in the open, unconsumable.

Taehyung's cup of coffee steams in his hand, the mug feeling warm under his touch. He blows the steam away, his glasses getting foggy in the process. He chuckles and waits for it to go away. He watches and watches, the ocean waves crashing and breaking the remnants of the grainy sand on the shore, and how it keeps coming back to do so, repeatedly. It's almost eight in the morning now, and the sun shines brightly to his surprise. He's been to Langkawi, sure he has, a fair share of times, actually. His perfect getaway spot — the sun, the water, the air, comfort too, it's all there. But when he looks back into his bed, his side crumpled up but the comforter fully wrapped up against Jungkook, he feels like he's home, in some sense.

He smiles to himself and sips on the bitter coffee one more time. The taste is nonsensical on his tongue, he feels the rough texture of it but he swallows it nonetheless. He leans on the railing in the balcony, while he continues to watch Jungkook rustle through the bedsheet.

He cocks his head to the left and looks to the little glass swan on the nightstand, shimmering under the lamp, just then, he hears audible groans from Jungkook.

"Tae?" He rubs his eyes and ruffles his hair, pushing the comforter a little bit.

"Come back to bed, please?" He groans again, and this time Taehyung responds with a laugh.

"Happy birthday, baby." Taehyung says as he steps into the wooden flooring, creaking under his feet to which Jungkook smiles lazily. Taehyung finally places the mug down on the glass table and crawls towards Jungkook on the bed, pushing the comforter away from his way.

"You sound awful for a singer." Taehyung chuckles and Jungkook playfully hits him with a pillow. "Happy birthday again, baby." This time he catches Jungkook's lips in a soft kiss, his hands going to cup his cheek like a habitual saying from his touch.

Jungkook smiles into the kiss, firmly holding Taehyung's lips in his, unwilling to let go from him. Taehyung places a loud smack of a kiss onto him after breaking the sweet embrace and looks into his eyes. "I'm lucky to have you, Kookie." He whispers and Jungkook only links their foreheads together and smiles and melts into the moment and places a kiss onto Taehyung's nose.

"I love you."

"It's mutual." Jungkook smiles for the millionth time in ten minutes before Taehyung scrambles off the bed and says, "Now, get your lazy ass going, I have a lot planned for you, trust me, you don't wanna be in bed right now."
Jungkook whines and thrashes the comforter around him and then pouts, "But I wanna be in bed, please? Taehyungie?"

The light seeps into the room, illuminating Jungkook in a golden yellow light, his skin glowing a beautiful tan, the comforter covering his boxer clad thighs. Taehyung sighs, "Jungkookie. Come with me." He holds his hand out for him but Jungkook just whines and again and pushes it away. "Please? It's just-" he checks his watch, "eight fucking a.m.! Please? Besides..." He trails off, his eyes glinting at something more elusive and playful.

"Besides what?" Taehyung asks nonchalantly, walking into the washroom and putting on his slippers.

"Birthday boy gets what he wants, right?"

"What-" Taehyung has time to replay the tone of the Jungkook's words back in his head before smiling a little bit and taking the coffee mug back from the table and walking towards the nightstand to get his glass case.