Lovely, Dark And Deep

Author/ yjhs
Word Count/ 3.2K
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12635664
___________________________

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever."

— The Notebook.

Taehyung's kisses are foreign on Jungkook's skin. He has never had anyone's lips on any part of his skin before, so when his plump and full lips touch the wrinkled skin on his palm, he shivers. Taehyung's lips remind Jungkook of a Thanksgiving dinner— warm, inviting and heart-filling. He often did wonder what they would feel like when they would press up on his own, but considering how his body is reacting, he knows that there's still a long way to go.

Somehow, Taehyung's lips are always moist and he always finds himself envying over the very fact, when he brings up their linked hands unexpectedly to push his puckered lips over his wrist, Jungkook's just curious. He's never done this. The moisture of Taehyung's lips are still stuck on the top of his wrist, it's begging for more, his heart asks for more but Taehyung only smiles sheepishly at Jungkook's reddened cheeks.

"You're so cute, Jungkookie!" He tightens the grip on Jungkook's fingers, palms digging in for maximum contact. Jungkook glances at Taehyung and his smug face and he just knows. He knows something, no one will ever know. A secret for himself — it's a beautiful one, he thinks.

One shouldn't be afraid of whom they love, but this secret — goes against Jungkook's very principle he believed.

'Too early?' He thinks.

He turns to his left and faces a boy of age nineteen, with a boxy smile and the most beautiful eyes he's ever seen. He wears the most funny pair of glasses that sit atop his high nose, that keep falling to the edge of his nose but goes up every time he crinkles up his eyes to beam brightly at Jungkook. His hands clench on tighter, Jungkook feels something at the pit of his stomach.
Let me put it easy for you. You know that feeling when you've failed badly in your entire class and you're getting yelled at by your parents but you know that there will always be a GameBoy with a Pokémon Blue cartridge and Spongebob reruns on the telly and you feel a single ray of happiness through all of that shit you're going through? That's exactly what Taehyung's hands meant to Jungkook. A ray of hope, a reason for him to wake up every morning, a reason for him to love himself and to love Taehyung.

Those were the warmest pair he had ever held. Taehyung's knuckles always brushed Jungkook's palms before he fitted his hand into his own and secured the grip and felt every ridge of it with his thumb. It felt like being home, in some sense, like being in comfort, a pair of fuzzy gloves and socks with a cup of hot tea and telly. But for Jungkook, home wasn't a place anymore, he was afraid that it was more of a person now.

'Too early?' His brain seems to yell at him.

It's eight a.m. on a chilly morning, he has Taehyung's sweater wrapped around him and Taehyung kisses his palm now, grinning radiant at Jungkook's frozen face. He doesn't really fathom the depth of it all, but it was the first time, the first time he fell into the deep end, not knowing how to make it out alive.

.
.
.

Taehyung never forgets and Jungkook is amused. He never forgets to tell Jungkook, "You're the most prettiest person, ever." He doesn't know how to feel except inferior because he's sitting next to the man of his dreams, holding hands, knees brushing and teeth clattering under the piercing chill. Jungkook only smiles and shies away, blushing before muttering a 'You too.'