Bendy Rulers

Author/ ataezingkookie
Word Count/ 12.6K
https://archiveofourown.org/works/10654647
___________________________

"Okay hyung," Jeongguk sat down opposite Seokjin in the cutesy little coffee shop just off campus that the elder had been running since he graduated. "I'm really sorry for the bad timing and everything, I know it's lunch and rush time for you--"

"It's good, I've got Jaehwan and Sanghyuk, they should be fine."

"Right," Jeongguk looked down at his hands, playing with his fingers awkwardly.

"What is it Guk? Is everything okay?" The concern in Seokjin's tone made the guilt pull further down on the younger's chest.

Seokjin hyung had been the first person he'd thought of when he'd worked out his problem. His hyung could be more childish than himself at times, always that little bit extra, but he always, always knew what to do. Always. He listened to people's problems with such intent and genuine concern that he was like a wise old man in a crackpot fairytale. Seokjin was either a toddler on E-numbers or an old balding wizard, there was no in-between.

Jeongguk gulped.

"Here's the thing, I'm going to tell you something, that I'm not exactly proud of, and all things considered, you might be a little uncomfortable with. So please, if it gets too much, just tell me to shut the fuck up and get out okay, hyung?"

He finally looked up to meet Seokjin's gaze, only to be met by the elder's scandalised expression for a split second before he tamed it back to one of concern. It took him another spilt second to realise how much better he could've worded everything he just said.

"No," Jeongguk hurried to correct himself, "It's not anything like that, not anything bad, well it is bad but not that kind of bad, just... bad."

He hadn't realised he'd been waving his arms in the air until Seokjin had managed to catch both of them and settle his hands back in front of him, his own warm palms holding them in place in a comforting manner.

"Jeonggukie," Seokjin's eyes are soft and comforting. Trustworthy. "Don't panic, I'm not going to judge you for whatever you're about to tell me--"

"I think I'm homophobic."

A long silence stretched between the two and Jeongguk could see Seokjin trying to keep his expression set to concerned, rather than bursting into a fit of giggles.

After an agonisingly long sip of coffee - probably so he could laugh into his cup - Seokjin finally spoke.

"Okay Guk. Could you tell me how you came to this conclusion?"

Seokjin just had unknowingly unlocked the floodgates.

"Okay so you know right, you've known me for years, I've never considered myself discriminatory before, like, when you and Namjoon started dating I was captain of the fucking ship. I was all about it."