~~~~~~~~~

"Eomma, I'm scared," Jungkook cried again, but no answer came. No loving, warm arms wrapped around him; no sweet kiss was pressed to his cheek. He heard no beautiful melody in his mother's voice, only his own wails as he realized he was alone.

The elders put him in a big room with a bed, desk, lamp, and Bible podium. He was supposed to pray three times a day and in two days, a man was to come from another village to draw runes on him for protection.

They'd be there forever, he was told. The runes would never go away. The elders said he'd need protection for the rest of his life.

He hated that thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

Three days passed. Jungkook had his runes and his Bible. The elders came with food three times a day and he was allowed to see his family on Sundays until it got dark.

He hated this. He wished he listened to his mother instead of those stupid elders. What do they know?! Obviously nothing! If they knew anything, Jungkook wouldn't be stuck in some room kicking a bottle around in the moolight.

Then it happened.

Jungkook saw the shadow first, but he thought he was just imagining it. He shook it off.

Then the roof creaked. Jungkook disregarded it as an animal.

But when the window flew open and a small figure landed in front of him, Jungkook couldn't deny the danger anymore.

He stared at the white-haired figure and it took him a second to recognize the cloak.

"Our Lord," Jungkook started, and the witch child raised his head, "We give thee our faith and soul as thou gave to us. We ask thee for guidance and protection through our journey."

"Stop, it does nothing."

Jungkook was stunned to silence.

"We only pretend we hate it." The figure rose to stand and Jungkook gulped. "What's on your neck, love?"

Jungkook took another deep breath and began another prayer.

The witch rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Oh no," he interrupted, "A prayer to a god I don't believe in. I might just faint."

"God is real," Jungkook grumbled.

"Hm," the witch crossed his arms and started to move about the room. He studdied everything in it silently.

"Why are you here? What does the devil want from me?"

"The devil," the witch chuckled and turned to Jungkook, "The devil has nothing to do with me. I'm a free spirit."

"Why are you here?"

The witch smiled and Jungkook thought it was soft-looking, actually. Then the being moved closer and reached out to touch Jungkook's neck. "I'm sure they told you already, but I marked you."

"What does that mean?"

"Hm," the witch smiled, "It means you're mine now, Love. Nothing can keep us apart. I'll always be able to find you. Your body will always lead you to me."

"What? Why would you do this to me?!? What did I do to deserve this?!" Kook threw the other's hand off him and stepped back to grab his bottle off the floor.

"You believed I was real. Now you know I am. All I was ever told was to find someone who believes I can do anything."

Jungkook paused and thought back to what he told Yugyeom. "Witches can do anything you want. They're almost as powerful as a dragon."