forty-one

|the dead can't come back to life, right?|
____________________________________

Trigger warning for Jake's part. It's not very... Pretty. His thoughts aren't, but nothing really ugly actually happened. Also, this chapter was pretty half-assed to me, idk I just feel like it is.

~

What happened to Fiona?

Well, she didn't move an inch since the others started fighting, so Cara had no reason to attack her. Cara was just keeping an eye on her mother, wary of her every move. Even when Cher was executing her plan, Fiona didn't even flinch.

Cara guessed her mother was just there to watch it all unfold.

That all changed when James started wailing like a lunatic and someone screamed "James!", because Fiona started holding her head and started screeching like an idiot too.

Then, she did something unexpected. She started running -no, it seemed like she was teleporting, because that's how fast she was- to Huntington's side.

Oh no.

Cara had to do something about this.

~

'Master Dylan, watch out!' Niall warned, as Fiona appeared at Huntington's side in the blink of an eye.

She began kneeling down and was about to put her hand on Huntington's heart when Dylan realised what she was about to do.

He had no choice, so he kicked her stomach, HARD. She stumbled a few steps back, but she didn't seem bothered. She just cackled like a maniac.

'She can heal people, and I don't know if she can bring back the dead, but you never know when it comes to this family,' Dylan said. 'We can't let her near Huntington!'

'Got it!' The teens replied.

And they started throwing their respective powers at her, but she only smirked back.

'Why isn't she moving?' Zayn asked as he continuously sent lightning bolts her way.

'Did we not get her?' Liam chirped in, throwing rocks.

'That's impossible,' Louis said, throwing fireballs.

'Guys, look!' Leigh-Anne urged.

The teens indeed stopped their firing only to see that her wounds were healing rapidly.

'But, if we can't hurt her, what do we do?' Jesy asked.

What do they do?

"Jesy!" Jesy heard a voice call out; a real voice, and not a thought from someone else.