forty

|excuse my language, but what the hell?|
____________________________________

Warning : Violence. And death. And of course, language.

~

Simon was a terrible person. He knew that. Even after his curse was lifted, he was a jerk. Everybody knew that. He was trying to be better, but it's really hard. Habits die hard, they say, and he agrees completely, because at least now he feels bad when he does something nasty, but to apologise is to take things a step further, and he's not quite ready for that.

So he's hoping he could somehow become a better person by helping out in this war, but god, his littlest brother is annoying, and since when did he grow so strong?

"Master Simon!" He heard Perrie's voice call out.

Was he hallucinating things already?

There were a lot of unexpected things that happened in the last few weeks. Michael becoming stronger is one, but he has to say nothing beats when he hears the sound of Perrie calling his name again in the midst of him fighting against Michael. He doesn't respond to it. He's going crazy, he thought.

But the unexpected happens again and he heard Selena this time.

He turned around and surely enough, he saw Selena, Perrie and Jake?!

Goddamnit, slow it down with the surprises here!

"Where's Demi?" He asked, when he saw that his faithful subordinate was missing.

"She didn't make it," Selena answered after sharing a look with Perrie.

Simon was angry- no, enraged. Supposedly at his father, for starting this war. Or at Perrie and Selena, for not being able to protect the brunette. Or at the person who killed Demi, because he might not show it, but the girl was the first person he took in, and no matter what, she would always have a special place in his heart.

But oh no, he was most mad at himself, because the last few moments he had ever spent with her was filled with him being mad at her, threatening to hurt her; ACTUALLY hurting her.

She must hate him, but he knows he deserved it because he's a terrible person; because he didn't even had the guts to say sorry, even though the guilt was eating him alive ever since he saw her glassy eyes after that night he had first laid his hands on her. That's one thing he has to learn still: how to lower down his ego. Maybe then he could learn to say sorry. And learn to control his temper. Oh god, there are so many things he still has to learn.

"Jake," Michael's voice brought him out of his daze. "Why don't you come to your Master?"

Jake gave a look to Perrie and Selena who both nodded, before he began walking towards Michael.

"Why you little-" Simon was ready to fire a beam at the little traitor, or so he thought, but he felt an arm hold him back.

"He has a plan," Perrie said softly.

Simon also has trust issues, you see. Every step Jake takes towards Michael is an eternity for Simon, because he expects the boy to betray him and not go through with whatever plan that he, Perrie and Selena had discussed before coming here.

Once Jake reached Michael, he stood behind his previous Master, and put a hand on the older man's shoulder.

"Ah, where was I?" Michael smirked, his excitement making him oblivious to the hand on his shoulder, and the sensation that came with it. "Oh right, I was about to end your misery!"