twelve. it is not what it sounds like

|it is not what it sounds like|
____________________________________

Third Person's P. O. V.

With Perrie, while the teens were messing around in Cher's house

Demetria had left Perrie a while ago to cook lunch for everyone. Dylan had probably left too, but whatever, she didn't care.

Perrie was still thinking about the memory she had before lunch, the one where she stupidly had told Demi about, despite knowing the older girl doesn't care. It made no sense to her whatsoever; why is she getting these memories again?

She sighed and went to her closet, rummaging and searching for something that held dear meaning to her.

She was almost giving up, when she felt the coolness of the metal hit her fingers. She fished it out and stared at the crystal clear gem dangling from it. Suddenly, another memory appeared in her mind.

Nine year old Perrie was exhausted from running. The whitecoats -laboratory assistants who wear long white coats and masks- were searching for her, wanting to put more magic into her body. They called it 'the test' and she had to do it every once a month -thankfully- since she's still a kid, well at least that's what the whitecoats tell her.

She had 'disintegration' powers if what she overheard from the whitecoats were right. She didn't really know what it meant, but she knew that it had something to do with being able to shatter anything to pieces just by physical touch or beams. How did she know? Well, she had tried out her powers before, even though it was practically against the rules and she could be severely punished for it.

"Edwards you better show yourself before something bad happens!" A whitecoat ordered, but Perrie was not having any of it.

This morning, they had barged into her cell that she shared with a girl younger than her named Chloe and a boy named Ed, interrupting her from her sleep.

If you're wondering why she isn't with her family, it's because they separate you from your family here. It is absolute hell for Perrie because she knows her family is in the same goddamn building and had to go through the same goddamn things she has to go through, but she's not able to be with them.

So when the whitecoats opened the door to her cell and went to grab her, she did what she always did; fire a beam their way and started running out the cell. She maneuvered her way through long corridors and hundreds of cells, firing beams in the direction of anybody that dared stop her.

Nobody is really surprised though, because it had become a monthly occurrence; how the young blonde ran away from her tests. But something was different today, because Perrie encountered a man (who she had never met before) walking down the hallways of the laboratory.

From afar, the man didn't seem like he was going to disturb her, so she didn't do anything. However, when she was just passing by the man, he grabbed her by the arms and before she could do anything, he grabbed her face and forcefully made her stare into his eyes. A bright white light flashed before everything turned dark.

~

Perrie woke up with a pounding in her head. She tried to move her hands and legs, but they were strapped down to the hospital-like bed that she was in, making it impossible for her to move. She had tried to break the straps with her power, but these straps were the ones they used on her when she has a 'test'. These straps have the gem's magic running through it, making it impossible to break.