thirteen. it was real...

|it was real...|
____________________________________
Third Person's P. O. V.

They had finally reached the city around midnight, and needless to say, they were all incredibly tired. Cher had directed them to a house -mansion, actually- that her family used to stay in during the weekends. Key words : Used to.

Now the house was abandoned and dirty and rusty and dusty and it didn't help that the teens were all cranky and grumpy.

"Cher! I'm sorry if I offend you, but what the flipping hell?!" Louis whined.

"I'm sorry!" Cher defended. "I didn't think it would be this bad!"

After more complaining and whining and arguing, they finally found a place to settle down.

Jade had let herself wander around the house -climbing up stairs that creaked with every step she took- going nowhere in particular. She eventually found the attic, and without thinking, she slipped into the small room, noticing that the window furthest away from her was open.

Jade, being the curious person she is, had walked towards the window, only realising that it lead to the roof. She peeked her head through the window and immediately felt the cool and chilling air touch her skin. It had somehow made her feel better already.

Deciding that she liked the weather, she climbed outside the window and sat on the roof, her legs crossed as she gazed at the sky, amazed at the calmness and beauty of it all.

But the sound of a person moving beside her startled her and she jumped, almost falling over the edge of the roof. The said person now wrapped their arms around her, preventing her from falling as she blushed in embarrassment.

"So-sorry," She muttered, turning to look at the person, and she wasn't expecting to see who she saw.

Harry.

Harry noticed her expression, so he too had blushed and unwrapped his hands. They sat like that, in total silence and awkwardness, Harry staring at the sky and Jade looking at anywhere and everywhere except at Harry.

They haven't had a proper conversation since the kiss, and neither were willing to swallow their pride and admit that they liked each other.

Well, Jade was actually thinking about Harry AND Ashton, confused with her own feelings. Harry makes butterflies flutter in her stomach just by looking at her and his dimples are so cute and looking into his green eyes is like staring into an unknown, but undeniably beautiful galaxy and-

'What?' Jade stopped herself. 'Jade, stop it.'

But with Ashton, he makes her feel special, even in the short time -really, they only got to know each other a few hours ago- they knew each other. When they went to grab some food, the boys were being their usual loud selves and Jade -being the only girl there since Leigh fainted and Jesy volunteered to stay back- felt a bit out of place.

But thank god Ashton was there. Ashton had treated her so nicely -talked to her, smiled and acknowledged her existence- when they were out and about just now, and she had felt like she had known him for a long time.

Ashton is everything Harry's not : kind and friendly and talkative. But if you -yes, you readers- think you're confused as to what Jade was feeling, trust me when I say Jade was even more puzzled.

After a long moment of silence and thoughts, Jade decided that she can't take the awkwardness anymore, so she stood up and turned towards the house; wanting to be anywhere except here, next to him.