thirty-nine

|humans are attracted to power as moths are to flames|
____________________________________

Warning : language and blood (?). yea and mentions of death too. but mostly grammar mistakes and draggy storyline but welp...

~

Huntington smiled in glee as Jade stood by his side again, her eyes a complete black, as he had full control on her. He didn't find the need to call Jack and Joel back, as the two were causing enough mayhem on the battlefield to distract the others from coming up here to save their respective Masters.

A second later, all his sons and daughters, with the exception of Alex and the addition of Cher and Jade, were standing with him.

"Finally, a family reunion," He chuckled to himself.

"We came to end this, father," Simon spoke.

"Now now children, that's no way you should ever talk to your father," Their mother, Fiona Royal, finally spoke up in what they felt like forever. It was no secret that Fiona was estranged in her relationship with her children, spending most of her days away from the house because of her work as the leader of the Magic Users Council.

There was once a time when the leader of the Council was the inheritor of all gems, and the members of the Council were picked by the inheritor. Community members were basically every magic user who works for the Council. There were various parts to the Community such as the magic police and the laboratory workers.

But when James turned ten, Huntington decided to leave the Council and elected his wife as the new leader. He wanted to train his sons and daughters so that he could find his perfect protector, as he claimed, but it was to actually prepare them for the day that would inevitably come. He had committed a terrible sin and knew he had to pay for it, and he'd rather it be done by his sons and daughters.

The better part of him gave away the gems to his sons and daughters because of what would happen if he had them all together, but nobody else really knew what was going on. Nobody knew what Huntington was fighting on his own. He was fighting a war all alone and everyday he dies a bit from the exhaustion. He's not as strong as he was before and now, more often than not, he doesn't have the strength to fight it anymore. He hoped this war would end it all soon.

And he cursed at the memory of what he did a very long time ago that had caused all of this chaos to happen in the first place. If only he hadn't...

"Did you come here to just stare at us?" Fiona asked, her voice cold and devoid of emotion.

Only Huntington knew what he had done to his once loving wife. Yes, the woman was rarely there to see her children grow up, but to imagine her not loving her children was impossible. The better half of Huntington felt guilty because of what he did to her after their oldest son had left.

"Let's fight then," Dylan said, breaking the silence, and a part of Huntington wished he hadn't.

Because all hell broke loose.

~

It was five on five. Kelly, Cara, Simon, Dylan and Cher against Huntington, Fiona, James, Michael and Jade.