Chapter Thirty-Five

LAST CHAPTER!!!!!!!

Xavier's POV:

My arms curled themselves around Alina small frame, drawing her closer to me as I deepened my assault upon her lips. I had forgotten our audience, too captured within the moment even to remember the hundreds of thousands of eyes watching us. Albeit, the kiss was obviously Alina's first through her actions that showed she was hesitant and confused, but it was also mind-numbingly beautiful and something that I would never forget.

A steady hand grasping onto my forearm drew me out of the bubble that Alina and myself had enwrapped ourselves into. I pulled back slowly, leaning my forehead on my mate's and both bothering to resist the temptation of pecking Alina's lips one last time before I moved back wholly. Alina almost collapsed into my arms, drawing chuckles from our crowd. Chevron didn't fail to move from behind me, releasing my arm, and quickly sweeping Alina off of her feet and moving back once more. As he continued to murmur to my princess, I once again turned around to face my people.

Smiling I rose my hand into the air, signalling the fireworks and called out, "Let the feast begin!"

As the crowd began to disperse towards their tables, their heads raised to watch the fireworks that continuously erupted above them, I turned around, finally allowing myself to relax completely. I watched my small family - Alina staring up in awe at the sky from where she was perched on Mercuries hip and my brothers surrounding her not bothering to tear their eyes from her face to the colourful explosions above. Silently I moved towards them. Alina was the first to look my way before she deeply blushed and swiftly directed her vision downward in embarrassment. 

"Shall we go eat?" I asked my brothers, moving my hand up to caress Alina's hair even as she refused to look at me.

Suddenly, a deep growly interrupted Zeus as he made to answer. My brothers and I broke into a laugh as we walked off the stage.

"I think Alina's tummy answered for us, Xavier." Zeus spoke.

If it was possible, Alina turned an even deeper shade of red. 

Our table was at the head of the garden, sitting directly in the middle of the clearing with an equal distance between the small private beach on one side, the forest on the other and the gazebo behind us. As per tradition, Alina was seated first in her highchair that was to the left of me. Chevron sat on my other side, and Zeus and Chevron sat on the left of our future Queen. As soon as I made Alina comfortable, I sat, announcing to my people that they could eat. The table immediately filled with colour powder, liquid and foods. There was an assortment of different little safe foods as well as nourishment that was provided for Dominants.

As I grabbed a pink plate or Alina and began to fill it up with suitable powders, she gave an excited squeal, and I looked up to see what had caught her gaze. At the table in front of us sat our most trusted friends and acquaintances. Talion was bouncing in a highchair with a giggly smile on his face at one of the tables. His dominants glanced up at me, and I gestured for them to come forward.

"My kings, I give you congratulations on this special day. I also wish to bless you mateship and request that you accept our gift." Caden spoke as he and his brothers bowed low and presented their gift on open palms. It was a picture, and when I grabbed it from Caden's hands to look at it more closely, I smiled in thanks. The picture was an image that reacted with magic to create whatever was inside the photograph come to life. The image in my hand was a little angel obstacle course, designed to help little's practise flying with the wings. With everything going on, I hadn't even had the chance to think about purchasing one of these for coming future.