Chapter Two

Ayla's POV:

The icy glass I was holding sucked all the heat off my hands as I gulped down my secret mass of chocolaty goodness. For the last six to seven minutes, milk crawled into my mouth and chocolate rolled over my tongue as I swallowed my drink. I took one large sip of the liquid and felt a brain freeze forming so pulling away from the straw, I warmed myself up again. Just as I was about to go back to the tempting drink in my grasp, the man who kept delivering all my gifts appeared with a white napkin and a large golden key.

"Madam, your mate on board has noticed you are alone and forbids to condemn you to being unhappy. Therefore he sent me with this key to a library on the Alazan Ship, and a small note on the back of this napkin." He said before bowing and presenting the gifts in laid out palms.

The man was wearing a regal uniform complete with gold cufflinks, buttons, and thread. The outfit made him look as though he worked as a royal guard of some sort for somebody.

"What is your name?" I asked him as I took the presents from his hands and opened the folded napkin.

Smiling down at the note written on the card, I wondered whether I could send one back.

Little One,

We love you. Always. Be happy my love because your Daddies are coming.

Yours forever and always

Xavier, Chevron, Mercuries, and Zeus.

"Ruyard, Madam." He answered softly.

Ruyard looked around twenty-five but whether from stress or something else lines were etched onto his face and hands.

"I love that name. I hope you wouldn't mind, but I have no idea where this library is, could you show me there please?" I asked

"Thank you, Madam, and yes of course" He paused slightly, before asking,"would you like to go now?

I stood grabbing the pale pink bag from off the floor below me and the two new gifts from where I had them resting on the table, before turning to Ruyard.

"Yes please."

"Of course, just follow me, Ma'am." He replied before turning and guiding me to the door and out the lunch room.

Ruyard had finally stopped in front of a classic white staff only door which turned out to be the entrance to a hallway. In the end, there were two more doors with a keyhole encrypted onto the left mahogany entrance. I carefully pushed the perfectly fitted aged key into the keyhole before turning and unlocking the door.

The library was massive with rows and rows of books. Ruyard stepped in front of me before we entered the room, telling me that my mates and himself wouldn't accept anything less than my complete and utter safety. I watched from the door as he went down each row and around the premises before moving to the stairs and checking the top floor of the library as well. It was several minutes later when he made his way back to me and deemed it safe for me to enter.

Slowly moving forward into the softly padded carpet I sighed in amazement while looking around at the marbled gold flecked ceiling that seemed to go for miles. What I had thought from the outside was going to be a rather small library, turned out to be massive, modern and beautifully architecturally designed. As I was moving forward into the first row of shelves, I paused in confusion as I heard Ruyard talking to someone. Discretely I looked into one of the dozen mirrors on the wall beside me and saw that he had no phone to his ear and nobody was in front of him. I watched Ruyard for a few more seconds until I tore my eyes and attention away and continued down the first row of dozens and dozens of books.