Chapter Thirty-Three

Warning: There is violence and strong wording in the chapter ahead.

Mercuries POV:

"Johz, what the fuck are you doing here?" I held Alina tightly in my arms as I looked at the man standing before me. I hadn't seen him in years and my emotions were conflicted on whether or not to be happy that he was here or tell him to get the fuck out of my house.

"Well, I couldn't miss the start of your mating ceremony and the Queens birthday now could I." He spoke sarcastically, almost as if everything that was happening was part of a secret joke.

My body was still tense with worry, but I knew my brothers wouldn't be far. Johz was a complicated man. For a long time, he had been one of our best friends, and we had trusted him with everything that we were. The one morning, when we awoke, we found our familiars gravely injured and many of our soldiers dead. Apparently, the planet we had currently be fighting for territory had discovered our base during the night. For months, my brothers and I couldn't figure out how they would have been able to get past our barriers without our code. Even so, I remembered that a week before the attack, our team (including Johz) had been sitting around a campfire and we were all drunk and just enjoying our night when Johz stood saying he was heading in for the night, wanting to be ready for fighting tomorrow.

I told my brothers of my suspicions against a man we had known for years and we sent him home, without explanation to assure ourselves that our team would never be set back again. Since then, I haven't seen Johz and that was over 200 years ago. The thought of him being anywhere near my baby after the assumptions we had against him was making my body twitch with the need to shift back into my beast.

"Its been hundreds of years Johz. Why now?" I asked.

"Thats an excellent question brother. One I would very much like the answer to myself." Xavier walked into the rom after slamming the door open. He was followed by Chevron and Zeus, who both had their wings out. He looked around for a moment before settling his eyes on Alina. "Zeus, take Alina to her room. I don't think she needs to here for this conversation."

I looked down at Alina in my hands as she winced at the cold tone of Xavier voice and curled into my arms hiding her face from view.

"Oh come on now, Xavier. Don't you think I should meet my cousins mate and my Queen. By all means, theres no need to clear a room for me of all people." Johz smirked wider, his gaze falling to my Mae in my arms as he licked his lips.

There were three loud snarls around the room. "Shut up Johz, before I rip your fucking head from your neck just for-"

"Zeus, take Alina and go." Xavier interrupted Chevron, still acting coldly towards Alina.

Zeus prowled over to me, just as tense as I was and ripped a whimpering Alina out of my arms before wrapping her up in his wings and stalking out of the room.

The door shut with a bang. It happened within an instant. Xavier is across the room, squeezing Johz neck as he lifts him from the ground and slams him against the wall. All of us can sense that he's intent on killing the threat, if he did not make his intentions clear soon.

Johz groans at the force of impact and I watch as Xavier half shifts, allowing his claws and fangs to emerge but strangely leaving his wings within his skin. Xavier's a few inches away from Johz's face, fangs dripping with blood from his own blood as the voice that filters through his throat, is demonic and rough. His wolf and angel are both half out at full force.

"How dare you come into my kingdom and insult my Princess. You should be bowed before her, kissing the fucking ground that she walks on your piece of shit. That beautiful little that you just choose to terrorise owns you and everything that you are. She is the one who controls the water you drink and sky you walk under each day, and after tonight, everything that this planet is and does will be managed by her. Why after all this fucking time have you decided to waltz back into my world as if you are welcome because you're fucking not.