Chapter Thirty-One

Mercuries POV:

There was utter silence in the bathroom, as Alina seemed to be frozen in shock. I was extremely disappointed and confused about the situation. I couldn't understand any reason that Alina would need to turn the speaker down on her monitor especially when Alina knew that if she did, she would be punished. The monitor was for her safety and our peace of mind. We didn't need sleep, so the monitor was just usually in our office while we worked, and lately, our concern over I had risen as Alina's little mind became more apparent. However, for weeks we hadn't had any midnight feedings or check-ups because the monitor had been silenced. 

"Alina, why did you turn the sound down, baby?" I crouched low, looking into her eyes as her head dropped and she lost the tension in her body.

Suddenly a voice behind us interrupted and brought us out of our stupor. "I think that if baby Alina doesn't want to answer, or can't, we might be able to."

Startled I spun around from my crouched position in front of Alina. Tall, dark shadows loomed within the doorway, like black guardians. Smiling, I relaxed at the familiar auras that were visible around them and their familiar faces poking out of their long black clocks. Even so, darkness had always scared Alina, and though these four figures must have felt recognisable, they were no exception - with their black cloaks - to the sudden nervousness leaking out of Alina's soul. They had shrunk themselves, naturally to fit in the house, down to just under seven feet tall. However, they still looked powerful and dangerous despite their new sizes. 

The four dragons were proud of themselves because they were able to protect their human familiars at any cost and would do so no matter the case. Therefore, their size never bothered them, or so they told me because they knew that they would be able to easily defeat any of their enemies. However looking at them now, as they stood at this height and seemed barely dangerous and seemed to be the last dominants in this room that you would expect to be the most dangerous.

"Alina, why didn't you tell your Daddies about these dreams? I am very disappointed in you." Voltix stepped forward slightly, barely fitting into the small bathroom.

"Dreams? Alina, what is he talking about?" I asked, grabbing hold of my baby girl by the waist and lifting her out of the tub before wrapping her up in a fluffy duck towel.

Alina looked down, tears pooling in her eyes and the hood the of the towel falling over her wet hair. Shuffling her feet, she looked as if she was trying to think of what to tell us; the truth or a lie. Xavier stood from where he was leant against the wall and walked over to her before picking her up and sitting her on his hip.

"Alina I suggest you tell us the truth. I will not stand for it if you don't."

"Yes Daddy...the dreams...they've been happening for weeks, and they're usually all the same. The same man is torturing the same people. He just...he gets so angry and then...then he...he kills them." She cried, burrowing her face into Xavier's neck while Zeus stroked her hair from where he stood next to them.

"Oh, Alina! I'm so sorry baby girl. Shh. Your Daddies are right here. It's okay. Hush baby. We won't ever let anyone hurt you. We promise." Chevron consoled, he had grabbed sprinkles (Alina's favourite stuffie of the moment) from Alina's cot and placed her where Alina could easily see her.

"I'm sowie Daddy. So sowie. Please forgive me, but I wanted to protect you!"

"It's okay princess. Daddy forgives you." 

It took several more minutes for Alina to calm and in the time, Xavier had swapped with me. Now she rested cradled in my arms. However, we knew that we needed more information from her so that we would be able to help her through whatever it was that was happening to her. My demons growled at that though, and my grip tightened upon Alina. She had already gone through so much, and though we were trying to give her the best life possible, everything seemed to be against us, and she just kept getting hurt.