Chapter Ten

Ayla's POV:

Panting, I shot off the mattress, still feeling the effects of the dream. As sobs wracked through my body, I remembered the way my Daddies had held that girl. When my Daddies had seen her - in my dream - they didn't want or care about me anymore and sent me back to Cayeene, Errold, and Jossis.

Suddenly hands wrapped under my arms and pulled me off of the soft mattress I'd been sleeping on. I was cuddled into a familiar chest while a voice spoke at my ears.

"Hush baby, it was just a bad dream. Your other Daddies and I won't let anything happen to you, we promise. Your safe now princess, your home. And all your other Daddies are here too, and they want a hug."

Xavier cuddled me for a few more minutes before passing me over to Mercuries, just as my tears started to slow down. As I settled into Mercuries and leaned my head off his shoulder, my eyes drifted to the window in the room and watched as faint drops of water drizzle passed it to the ground.

When I finally settled down, the barely there rain outside came to a stop and a warm sun peaked through a pale pink cloud in the sky, I turned my excited gaze to Zeus's face.

"Daddy...are we...home?" I asked shyly.

"Yes, baby we're home. We're in Nemphrodelia." He whispered into my ear and drew me closer to him. "Now, baby do you want to tell us what your dream was about."

I buried my face deeper into Zeus' neck.

"You found a better little and gave me up and sent me back to Earth," I mumbled sadly.

Soft coos mixed with angry snarls sounded above me and abruptly I was passed to Chevron. Startled I watched as Zeus seemed to lurch forward before a shocked cry fell from my lips as I saw two pure black feathered wings burst out of his back and claws lengthen from his nail. A few seconds later, Zeus had fallen to his knees and I was squirming in Chevron's arms.

Zeus's gaze stayed on the floor, and I watched as Xavier slowly walked forward and placed a hand on his shoulder and worriedly watched him for a reaction.

"Nick, you need to give back control to Zeus. I don't know know what you saw but Ayla is safe. Even so, she's not ready to meet you or any of our beasts yet. Know that she will love you like she loves everyone but she would be very upset and scared if she was to meet you now. Please give control back to Zeus."

There were several moments of silence with only the sound of Zeus panting. Finally, Zeus's gaze turned upward until he was looking straight at me. Standing up of the lush white carpet floor, he moved toward me. When Zeus stood just a few feet away, Chevron moved back, half shielding me from Zeus.

"Chevron it's fine, I would never hurt Ayla, no matter what form I'm in. Besides I've taken back control. It's just I saw her dream and got p...angry." Zeus said, holding his arms out to me. 

Chevron stared at him for a few seconds trying to decide something before he slowly passed me to Zeus who buried his face in my hair and cuddle me close.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, baby. I just saw your dream when you looked into my eyes and got so angry. Sweetheart you have to know that we would never do that to you, ever. You're ours for the rest of eternity and we're yours." Zeus said.

"Daddy," I murmured. "Can you please keep your wings out they're so fluffy!!!!!!" 

My Daddies all chuckled, and Zeus nodded at me.

Satisfied, I buried my face in his neck, and we stayed like that for a while, as my Daddies talked.

When I finally lifted my head from Zeus's shoulder and saw the room that I had woken up in, my eyes widened in amazement and wonder.