Chapter Twenty-Six

Alina's POV:

Walking down the carpet-muffled staircase, I had troubled premonitions about the day ahead. It seemed like just another day, innocent but for its essential morning grogginess and not to mention the unsure weather outside. One minute it was cold, dark - as if the sun hadn't even risen yet even though the clock in the hall struck eight - and the next it was warm and sunny; the most disturbing thing is that I was the one controlling that bipolar weather system. It was both a blessing and a curse.

Outside littles played in the park a few blocks away, despite the crazy climate. Cars roared past, and Daddies and Mummies continuously leapt off the ground in a daze. My eyes could take nothing in, the recent centuries wouldn't stick as blood once again rushed to my ears in worry and the summery season vanished to new weather that almost hailed from another time. Snow and stone and ghost light lit the path in front of me through the gold speckled archway window above the stairs. My footsteps and the small rise of steam that boiled out of my bottle gave away that I was alone. Every sound echoed against the marble house. My head once again filled with anxious thoughts.

The occasional cheek-chew of unsureness as I once again descended and the odd pang of heartache resulted in the peculiar feeling of unease. Something was going to happen today, and nobody else was aware, their lives continued as usual with no concern to why my emotions were haywire; that was except my Daddies. Shaking my head, I pushed my thoughts aside, resolute and ready to be done with all the worried thinking. Today was a special day after all.

I held my bottle in one hand and clutched my cute Care Bears jacket closed with the other. A backpack was swung over my shoulder, and my hair - short, out and pink for the day - was warming the back of my neck. 

Today was not a typical day.

Although.

Squeaking of the door, my hair chair in its regular place and my Daddies all still in their pyjamas and one could have fooled me. Suddenly I was pulled in a firm hold from behind, against a firm chest while lips nuzzled my neck in love. 

A familiar voice in my ear.

Daddy ran his hands through my hair as he turned me around and placed me on his back for a piggyback before walking us over to the table. Annoyingly, Xavier and Chevron started to commune, and I tried to lower myself from the cage of Xavier's arms.

"Daddy down!" I complained, pushing away from his warm bare chest. Mini scars appeared in threes around his back, and I muted more, not liking seeing my Daddy hurt. Even so, his beautiful skin made up for it. Shoving again, I sulked further; I wanna be strong like Daddy.

"Is that anyway you ask for things Alina?" Xavier's stern voice sounded. 

"It is when I'm hungry." I snapped. 

The day before had been magical, but alas long and tiring. Like the night before that, it was late when I had gotten to bed, and I had hardly blinked before Mercuries came in saying it was the day ahead. Today was worse. I missed sleep. My Daddies complained it was my fault though of the lack of sleep I was getting because by the time we made to leave whatever adventure had been set out for the day it would be late and I would have to be carried home as a dead weight. Then later when I was finally about to go to bed, I would have a tantrum because I was so tired. Zeus complained that I was, 'Impossible' and a 'brat' then would proceed to pick me up in his arms, gives me the most relaxing and calming bottle I had ever had and put me to sleep, finishing with an 'I love you.'

The morning I found was the worse.

One of my Daddies would come in all happy and ready to start the day, throw my blinds open and get me out of bed before I can say as much as a 'goodnight.'