Chapter Twenty-Seven

Warning this chapter has some explicit content in it.

Lili's POV:

"Baby don't be like that," Vacian cooed to me as I huffed beneath his scales and glared at anything that dared to move. He carefully adjusted me in his arms using one of his long talons so that I would be in a more comfortable position. His alpha vibes wavered in the air creating a sense of protection and safety for me. "Why don't you take a nap baby. I'm sure you will feel better after and then maybe you could go talk to Alina and give her a chance to apologise, it has been a few days."

"And Xavier wants you back in the castle too. He isn't happy with you out here with danger present, and frankly, neither of us are either. If we have to sweetheart we will go with you into the castle; we're fine without water or fire for at least a few weeks now that we have started taking that potion." Tayton said sharply causing me to break my death glare on a tree and look at him in surprise. "Besides we want to have a small talk with Alina anyway. She might be my human's mate and my queen, but I refuse to let her speak to you like that."

"No Daddy. Please don't tell Alina off. She has been under so much stress this whole week, and it won't stop until those nightmares have gone away. And I knew about those because I watched over her all night," I stated proudly before pouting sadly. "I just wish she'd let me tell her Daddies."

"These nightmares," Voltix started confused, "Do they happen all night every night?"

"Yes! And they are so bad but when I told Alina that I was going to tell the kings, she out this charm on me using her wand that Xavier has started teaching her how to use. Now every time I even try to mention it to her Daddies, not a sound comes out of my mouth." I huffed.

"Then we will tell them when we get to the castle," Mantiz replied as he stood, stretched his wings and turned to the forest line where you could see the castle through the trees. "But for now, neither of us are moving and if we want to get there before sundown tonight...you need to get your lazy asses moving."

"Oh shut up you stupid ogre. We're coming." Tayton replied in friendly banter as he too stood up. "Last one back is a sore loser."

"Cheater!" Mantiz screamed after him as he too shot up into the sky without so much as a glance back.

Vacian shot me a worried glance as I stood up rolling my eyes before remembering where we were going and looking unsurely up at him. "Baby are you ready to go home?"

He stood brushing himself up against me as Voltix blew out the fire and turned to me as well. There was a worried look in both their eyes as I shrunk down to my regular size and climbed onto Vacian's back. From up here the castle despite its long distance away seemed more significant and pronounced.

"Yeah I'm ready. I miss Alina and I've been worried the whole time I've been away. I don't think I'm going to be coming back here for a while."

"That's fine Lili. We're going to stay with you in the castle for a while anyway. Despite that our size when we're in that stupid concrete death trap is humiliating." Muttering the last part, he started to beat his wings then he too climbed into the sky with Voltix right behind us.

.........

Vacian's descent and landing was a graceful as ever and giggled as I gave him a fight when we got closer to the ground, and I jumped off his back. My claws dug into the mud as I stood for a minute trying to keep my upright position before I laughed and pranced around under Volt's body as he stopped next to me. Mantiz and Tayton were arguing up ahead, and I sighed in happiness before turning to the castle.