Chapter Fifteen

Chevron's POV:

My sadistic smirk widened as Zeus stepped into the dungeon with an evil glint in his eye. With my hand wrapped around the bitch's throat, I watched Zeus step forward again and grabbed a dagger off the weapon table just outside the ash bars. Throwing Cayenne to the floor in front of Zeus, I mived back till I was leaning on the bars next to Mercuries and barely blinked at the slight tingle of the ash.

Zeus moved forward, hauled the witch to her feet and stabbed the knife through her throat, spraying himself, the cage and us with thick, black blood.

"Im going to fucking toture you until your begging for death and when I'm finished my brothers will have another turn. If you think for one second your planet will help you, they won't. So get that thought out of your head before I force it out," Zeus paused, pulled the knife from her throat and pushed the tip of it through head forehead, making fresh blood flow down her face. "Never ever FUCKING touch my baby girl again. Before I cut the link with your old planet, deliever a message for me?"

The knife moved again, this time going through her stomach.

"Tell them that if they ever think of messing with my family again, I will destroy their planet with barely a blink of an eye. Don't. FUCKING. Test. Me."

Moving towards the weapon table, I grabbed the pliers from the rough, dark oak and motioned for Zeus to go calm down so that he doesn't kill the bitch.

As he moved back towards my previous spot, fangs at fall length, claws tingling and eyes bloodshot, Cayenne took a deep breath and laughed.

"You think that scared me. What I'm going to go run and hide. That was barely half the punishment of what my old king would give me for stepping in the wrong place." She smirked.

Shaking my head, I watched as Zeus pounced and thrusted his claws through Cayenne's throat and cancalled the potion we'd placed upon her. She really shouldn't of said that.

Mercuries moved forward, pulled Zeus up and flung him toward the door.

"Go to Alina now, Nick, and don't even think of scaring her. You need to cool off."

A slight roar, a loud growl and he was gone from sight. Sighing, I grabbed the potion that would bring the witch back to life.

Xavier's POV

My wings ruffled in the cold air and I pushed myself to fly higher, past the barriers of Nemphrodelia. I could feel the strength of Tayton's wings beside me, as we climbed our way into one of the most dangerous parts of Nemphrodelia's outer edge. This was something I hated to do, each time it almost killed me and before I only had the thought of knowing my baby girl was out there to live, but this time, I know that my bub is waiting at home for me. The thought of this made me want to not only stay up here longer so that I knew that I was doing everything in my power and strength to protect Alina, but it also made me want to get home quicker so that I could hold her in my arms and reassure myself that my nightmare of my princess disappearing wasn't going to happen again.

Heat surrounded me, trying to push me back to the earth of my planet and away from the power source of Nemphrodelia. This globe that was surrounded by more the two-hundred-degree heat was the thing that was keeping my planet along with its people hidden. Every ten years, I would force myself - with the help of Tayton - up here so that I could keep this beautiful globe peaceful. I could feel the tip of my black feathered wings starting to burn to the crisp, and I knew that I would need to hurry up. The whole time that it took me to complete this task had to endure under five minutes least I die. Then Tayton would fly me back to the ground and let me heal in his cave until I was presentable enough to go home.