Fifty Two

Camilla's Point of View

It was one week until graduation and ya girl has all her credits. The sun was warm and the day was going good.

"Ma!" A'kira pulled up on my legs.

"What lil girl? What you want fat mama?" She reached for the box of chicken nuggets on my lap. I shook my head at her, she was getting chunkier by the day. She had my features. Dark eyes, honey toned skin and lots of curly black hair.

"Here baby, here go your nugget." I dipped the nugget in some ranch before giving it to her. Her little hands gratefully snatched it before walking off towards her daddy and brother.

We all sat out on the back patio, daddy had decided to barbecue and invite my parents over. The two men stood huddled around the grill.

"Motherhood looks good on you Ming. I never thought I'd see it." My mom said. She was wearing a cute denim romper with her hair in a low ponytail. The sun blinged off of her gold earrings. She was a beautiful woman.

"Thanks mama, I never thought I'd see it either, not this soon. But I wouldn't trade my babies or my man." I said with a for sure feeling. It was true, I loved my little family.

"Your dad and I would like to see y'all married. Any wedding plans?" She sipped the glass of wine and looked at me. I in turn looked over at daddy. His eyes asked what's wrong? I just smiled and shook my head.

"I don't know ma, maybe in the near future. Right now I graduate in a week and I need to focus on that. I'm still young." I shrugged my shoulders. I know it came off like an excuse but I do feel as if we should wait a little bit.

I would love to be married to daddy but I just feel the time needs to be right. There was something I still hadn't told anybody. Maybe today would be the perfect time.

Daddy's Point of View

I had the grill going, the sun was shining. My babies looked beautiful and so did their mama. The girl was gettin thicker by the minute, I didn't mind it at all. She wore light blue denim shorts and a white tank top with white Fenty slides. Her curly hair framed her pretty face.

Eddie and I stood over by the grill watching the meats while the kids played in the grass. I looked towards Milla as she looked at me with a strange face. What's wrong? I mouthed, to which she shook her head nothing with a smile.

"So Furious, do you have any plans to marry my Ming?" Eddie asked outright. I knew the talk was coming one day, especially since she had my kids.

"Of course I do. That's the mother of my kids, I'd be a fool not to." I said and he nodded. "I just want her to be ready. She's young and about to graduate. It's going to happen though." I spoke confidently.

"That's what I like to hear. I don't want my baby at home crying cause some nothin ass nigga stuck her with kids and left." Eddie said as he looked me up and down.

"Nah, I'm a grown man, that's not what I'm about. I only wanna make your daughter happy." I spoke the truth. A nigga slipped up from time to time but I ain't completely stupid.

I wanted more time and more babies from Milla's pretty ass, if that's what she wanted too. Either way I'm not lettin another nigga get close to that.

Camilla's Point of View

Everybody sat around the table eating, laughing and talking like grown folks while the twins made messes in their high chair.

"Ming there's something we meant to tell you." I looked up at my dad as he looked over at my mom. "Okay, what? Why y'all being weird?"

"Giselle is coming home."

So much for the news I planned to share.

-Who is Giselle? 🤔 I don't like her already.