Thirty Three

Camilla's Point of View

"Ma what you need from the store that's so important?" I asked as we drove. All I wanted was to take a nap man. "A pregnancy test." My eyes bugged. Shit. "For who??" I put a lot of emphasis on 'who'. "You know damn well for who, Ming." She shot me a look. "For me? I don't even have a boyfriend, why would I need a test?"

I was trying to get the heat from under my ass but it wasn't working. Shit I hadn't seen my period since before we left, matter of fact. The first time I slept with daddy, was over a month ago.

And he didn't pull out..

"Mė, con xin lôi" Ma I'm sorry, I cried, apologizing to ma in Vietnamese as she took off her dep lê (shoe), hitting me over and over with it, not even swerving the car. She was a damn pro.

"Your father and I work hard! Đây là cách bạn hành động?" This is how you act? She yelled. I felt hella ashamed for how fast I'd been acting. And now, the damage was done. We pulled up to the cvs drugstore and headed straight towards the feminine aisle. She was really making me do this.

"Ever since we got here, I feel you sneaking around. If this is positive, you're in for a rude awakening young lady." I wanted to call daddy but not here, I couldn't. But I just knew I couldn't take this test, not for ma and not for dad. I just needed to talk to Furious and go from there. We browsed the options, some cheap and some hella pricey. $10 to pee on a stick, chile.

"I'm not takin this here ma, and I'm not takin it at home." I snatched the test, paid and went back outside. It was eating away at me. How was I supposed to find out and be okay with it if I had them about to kill me?

"Then where? Cause I'll be damned if you're not taking it." Where else? Only other place I could was aunt Eva's, and pray no shit popped off. "Drop me off at aunt Eva's, she'll watch me." And of course she did exactly that.

We got to the house and my mom laid all my shit out for the world to know. She made sure she told aunt Eva that I was there to take the test. I went downstairs to the bathroom and pulled out my phone.

"Daddy?" I gasp trying to hold back my sniffles. "What's wrong baby girl? Why you crying?" Him asking made me cry even harder. Everybody else knows that I might be pregnant so I had to bring myself to tell him. "Ma thinks I'm pregnant, she beat my ass with her shoe. I'm about to take a test, and I just thought you should know. I'm s-sorry daddy." The line was quiet for a second then I heard some shifting around.

"Where are you?" I told him the address. Meanwhile I took the test, and waited. It honestly doesn't take as long as people make it seem. The little clear window filled with the liquid, creating a little pink..

***

Plus or negative sign? Hehe 🤔 there's a storm brewing 😈 Yes Camilla got her ass beat with a shoe lol. 😔