King of My Heart *Part 2*

Start from the beginning

Our original plan was to hold everyone hostage, but that was a failure because sirens could be heard outside of the building. "C'mon, baby, let's get outta here." And we ran into the night.

***
"So, that was a bad approach yesterday."

"Yeah, I think we get that." Jerome interrupted Theo. He has been upset all day, and I think it's because of his dad. He went to kill him earlier today and Mr. Cicero must have said something to him.

"As I was saying, we need to maybe give a more subtle approach. We need to disguise ourselves and then we'll definitely get our hostage situation that we want." I went to grab Jerome's hand, but he pulled away.

"Okay... and what are we doing this time?" Barbara piped in, seeming to be bored.

"Well, you'll all put on a show. Jerome, you'll be the magician, Barbara, you'll be his lovely assistant, and Y/N, you'll be the second lovely assistant. And this will all go down at the Gala tonight. So, I need you all to get ready right now."

He left the room along with everyone else, but I stayed with Jerome. He got up, but I grabbed his arm. "Hey," He stopped and turned to face me. "What's wrong?" I caressed his pale face, then pressed my lips to his.

"He's the one getting in our way." I frowned, "Who, sweetie?" His fingers touched my collarbone, then they grew to his whole palm around my neck. I felt the anger build inside him and his grip tighten. His eyes had an evil glint to them. "J-jerome, stop, you're hurting me."

As soon as the words came out of my mouth, he seemed to come out of a trance. His hands raised up above his head in surrender and he spun around and sighed. "Jim Gordon. Tabitha didn't let me kill him and now he's just gonna get in our way again." He kicked the couch as hard as he could.

I just stood there, thinking of how he could almost choke me to death. Our eyes locked then and he understood what he had done.

"Are you okay?" He frowned and grabbed both sides of my face. "I'm so sorry, I was just so mad." A tear ran down his face and he sat down on the couch. I summoned up my pride and threw it away, then walked over to sit beside him.

"Okay, I'm mad at you for trying to choke me, but that doesn't change the fact that I love you and I want you to feel happy." I wiped his tears and leaned in to hug him.

"There will always be someone who will try to get in our way, baby. Now, c'mon, let's get dressed." I giggled and he smiled his infamous grin. Then, we ran up to our room.

***
"I am the great Rudolpho." We all bowed and the crowd cheered. Jerome showed a few little tricks, then went on with the plan."For my first act, I'll require a volunteer." He then proceeded to take part in a round of duck duck goose, ending in him picking Bruce Wayne.

Bruce was reluctant at first, but then took Barbara's hand and came up to the stage. He got in the box and I closed the top.

"Does this handsome gentleman have a name?" Jerome said when he got out the blade. Bruce said his name and Jerome repeated it and told him that "this won't hurt a bit."

"Is there a doctor in the house?" Jerome hissed after he banged the two blades together. He pushed them into the middle of the box, then told Bruce to give everyone a wave, while he did so also.

Bruce then proceeded to get out of the box and Jerome told the deputy mayor to come up to the stage. Barbara then went across the stage with the table of knives and pulled the tablecloth off of them, while losing her mask and sending a wink to Jim Gordon's little twinkie.

I saw the look on Lee's face and had to suppress my laughter. She walked over somewhere private and seemed to be talking on the phone.

"By the way, nobody here is getting out alive." I heard Jerome say and the crowd laughed. They didn't think he was serious until he threw the knife and it stabbed the deputy mayor in his chest. That's when they all start to scream and get out of their chairs. I love this part.

The undercover guy that Theo has, one of his men, starts to shoot his machine gun at the ceiling. "Ta-da!" Jerome exclaimed and I laughed maniacally at all the terrified faces.

Barbara and I saw Lee try to run away, so we thought it'd be fun to tie her to the big round spinny thing, as I like to call it. Jerome was on the phone with Jim, then came over to Lee and made his fingers out to look like a gun, then fake shot Lee for Jimbo to see.

All I heard was, "True, but, not the point. Let's talk about what I want." Barbara saw the camera and started to make poses, probably to make Jim like her again.

"Hey, you don't have to be like them. Please, don't do this. Talk some sense into your friends and let us all go." Lee tried to act like my friend, but I wasn't really buying it. "Hmm, well, you see, I am like them. And you," I poked her nose, "... are not gonna stop us from doing this, so I suggest you keep your pretty little mouth shut. Okay?" I smiled widely and turned to face the crowd again.

By then, Jerome was off the phone and said to us, "I think that went well."

Then, all of a sudden, Theo comes into the picture, "Enough! You need to pack up your pathetic little side show and leave." Jerome smiled, "Is that right?"

Theo then proceeded to make himself look like the hero, while we all played along. Then, Barbara hit him on the back of the head and he fell to the ground. "Boring." She said and I agreed.

***
"Hold very still." Jerome was going to shoot an apple off of a man's head. Everyone watched intently, waiting for the gunshot to ring out among them. But, the gun was a water gun and Barbara and I laughed so hard, I thought I was going to pee my pants.

Then, Jerome told the man to turn around and he actually shot the apple this time. "Well, clap." He was angry, but laughed when everyone clapped.

Barbara then proceeded to torture Lee, but ended up with a knee to the private parts. She got mad and it took both Jerome and I to pull her back from stabbing Lee. We thought she had calmed down as we walked away, but she gave Lee a punch in the face for good measure.

"Well, I think its time for tonight's first official victim." He told Bruce's famous story, then said, "Where is... Bruce Wayne?"

"You know I'm an orphan too, Bruce? I killed my parents, though." His face was of rage as he said, " Where are you hiding?"

"Bruce! Where are ya buddy?" He paced until I spoke up, "Kill his butler." Jerome turned to me and grinned and I giggled. "Alright, last chance Bruce, but it's about to get a little butler brainy out here."

"Brucey!" Jerome tried to get the young boy's attention. "Ahh, I'm bored. Shoot the butler." As soon as Jerome uttered that sentence, Bruce came out of hiding.

"Let's get this started, huh?" He told someone to make sure no one was behind the curtain and pulled Bruce to the stage. Detective Gordon then came from behind the curtain and started to shoot all of the men that we have. "Drop the knife!"

Jim is always getting in the way of our fun. "Seems like we've gotten ourselves in a pickle. What do you say, Bruce, wanna boost our ratings?" Jerome laughed, but was soon interrupted by Theo again. He turned as if Theo was getting on his last nerve, but then Theo stabbed him in the neck.

I was shocked, and so was everyone else. So much so, that I didn't react until Theo pulled the knife out. I knew I could get caught, but I could care less. I ran to his body and tried my best to make him be alive again.

I kissed his lips, but they were cold and I cried and I cried until the cops took me away. "No!!!!!!!!" I screamed as loud as I could. "I will kill you, you evil son of a b****!!!!!!!" I then screamed louder and louder, until it covered up the sound of my heart breaking in two.