Chapter 32

(Serena's POV)

At the club meeting, Madame appeared on the stage with Aria, who had returned to the academy with the special guest, a middle-aged woman named Palermo.

"Ladies, I'd like you to meet Miss Palermo, a famous producer from Kalos," Madame announced. "She is going to serve as your club advisor for the time being, so I want all of you ladies to give her the most utmost respect, alright?"

"Yes, ma'am!" we replied.

From what I learned about Miss Palermo, she was a former Kalos Queen, and currently, she is also Aria's mentor.

"Thank you, Madame Marie-Pierre," Palermo said. "And please give my regards to your brother, Monsieur Jean-Pierre, for managing to work around my schedule to appear at this academy."

"Of course!" Madame bowed. "It is our pleasure to work with you, Miss Palermo."

Miss Palermo must be really close to Madame and Monsieur Pierre if she was able to call them by their first names. After Madame left the stage, Miss Palermo spoke through the microphone to gain our attention.

"As Madame Marie-Pierre explained, I will be taking her place as your club advisor for the duration of my stay at Kizuna Academy," Palermo stated. "Now, I know you girls are aware that you need a new club president to serve as your role model for the performer club."

When Aria was our club president, she was a good role model to all the girls, including me. I'm aware that the conditions of choosing the next club president has changed, so I don't know what to expect from Miss Palermo.

"Excuse me, Miss Palermo?" a girl raised her hand. "If you're here with Aria, then will she be able to resume her club president duties?"

"Unfortunately, no," Palermo replied. "Aria is required to make an appearance at the Gloire Showcase Master Class Competition to defend her title as Kalos Queen. However, she would like to make a proposal regarding the club president position."

Then Aria took the microphone from Miss Palermo.

Aria started, "Ever since I stepped down from this position, I've been thinking about who would be a suitable candidate to take my place. I've seen every one of your performances and I think all of you have potential to become this club's president, so I talked with Madame and decided that..."

Madame activated a holographic screen that displayed our names under the title, "Performer Presidential Candidates."

"Just like competing for Kalos Queen, everyone will compete against each other for the position," Aria finished.

Hearing this revelation, everyone squealed with excitement and waited for Aria to continue her explanation.

"In this competition, there are 3 theme performances," Aria informed. "And for each one, you will work together with a partner."

"A partner? Isn't this an individual competition?" Nini, one of my fellow performer friends, asked.

"Yes and no," she answered. "While the final performance is an individual effort, I decided to implement team effort into the theme performances because I believe it's important to have a close confidante by your side, just like the school council."

"Ooooo~ Sounds exciting!" Shauna exclaimed.

"Doesn't it?" she smiled. "We will begin with the baking theme performance, and based on your performances, I had assigned a suitable partner for everyone. If you please, Madame?"

Madame switched screens that shows our partners' name for the baking theme performance:

1. Alouette and Blanche