Chapter 27

(Serena's POV)

On Friday, Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, and I went to visit Professor Sycamore for Squishy's examination. We stepped inside his school laboratory and we see him reading something on his clipboard.

"We're here, Professor Sycamore!" Bonnie exclaimed.

He looked up from his clipboard and greeted us.

"Ah, it's good to see you all again," Sycamore smiled. "Now then, shall we get started with Squishy's examination?"

"Actually, my other friends haven't arrived ye—" Ash stopped.

"You talking about us, Ashy-boy?" a voice called out.

Gary roughly draped his arm over Ash's neck and Leafia playfully wrapped her arms around Ash's arm. And Yellow appeared alongside me and sighed at her childhood friends' behavior.

"It's not like I expect to see you guys here at all," Ash rolled his eyes.

"Aww... you don't have to sound disappointed by our presence~" Leafia pinched his cheeks.

Just like how Gary messes around with Ash, Leafia likes to tease him, too, but it does make me feel jealous when she gets too close to him like that, especially since we're dating now. Then Leafia noticed me and gave me a mischievous smile.

"Why do you look very flustered, Serena? I'm just holding onto my best friend like this~" Leafia starts hugging his arm tightly.

"Lea-fi-a!" I angrily pronounced her name.

I wrapped my arms around Ash and pulled him away from Leafia.

"Wow, you didn't even hesitate to take your Ashy-boy back~" Leafia giggled.

"I don't think you should mess around with Serena's feelings, Leafia," Yellow stated.

"Yeah! And besides, can't you see Gary is getting jealous of what you're doing to Ash?" Bonnie pointed out.

Everybody witnessed Gary attempting to throw a Heavy Ball at Ash, but he stopped when he realized we were staring at him.

"Wh-who the hell says I am?!" Gary argued, hiding the ball behind him.

"But Yellow said that Leafia is working as your assistant, and that means something, right?" Bonnie questioned.

Gary glared at Yellow as she laughed anxiously and hid behind Clemont and Bonnie. Then Professor Sycamore intervened to ease the awkward tension.

"Hello, my name is Augustine Sycamore and I'm the Pokemon Professor from the Kalos region," he looked to Gary. "And if I'm not mistaken, you're Professor Oak's grandson, correct?"

Gary nodded. "Yes, I'm Gary Oak and I'm studying to become a Pokemon Professor, focusing primarily on rare Pokemon such as fossil and legendary Pokemon. And I'm also working as Professor Rowan's assistant."

"What a surprise! Professor Rowan used to be my mentor! When I was a young lad, he taught me everything about Pokemon evolution, which led me to study about Mega Evolution."

"Really?! I would love to know more about your research on Mega Evolution, Professor Sycamore!"

Afterwards, Professor Sycamore and Gary continue to talk about their research, forgetting why we came here in the first place.

"Excuse me? I don't mean to interrupt your conversation, but what about Squishy?" Clemont inquired.

"Oh, right..." Sycamore scratched his head. "May I please see him?"

"Of course!" Bonnie took Squishy out of her bag. "Professor Sycamore is going to give you a check-up, okay?"

Bonnie placed Squishy on the table and Professor Sycamore examined him.