Chapter 12

(Serena's POV)

"Now then... Styling, s'il-vous-plait!"

With the snap of Monsieur Pierre's fingers, the Pokemon Styling Theme performance began. I scanned through the available accessories displayed in my dressing room.

"That... and that! All right!" I exclaimed, spotting a white and pink hat and two different colored ribbons.

I approached Fennekin to compare the pink and blue ribbons.

"Yeah, pink it is."

I placed the white hat on her head and attached the white cravat around her neck. Then I cut the ends of the pink ribbon and tied the ribbon into a bow on her cravat. I checked her appearance and adjusted her white hat to make it perfect.

"Hey, Fennekin. We've done a lot of training for this day, haven't we? And now, we'll give it everything we've gone through since our journey!" I exclaimed.

"Fenn!" she barked happily.

The hourglass continues to make ticking sounds.

"It's time for the secret final adjustments!" Pierre announced.

While Pierre made his announcement, I continued to place more accessories on Fennekin. She wore a pink skirt with white booties to match her outfit. And I also wrapped a string of turquoise beads around her tail.

"All right, you're done, Fennekin!"

Then the sound of the ticking hourglass vanished.

"Styling time is over! Now then, please proceed to the runway."

The first performer, Blanche, walked out with her Meowstic, which was dressed with a tie and bracelets. And then the second performer, Clarice, walked out with her Fletchling, which was dressed with a tie and a top hat.

"Finally, Serena and Fennekin!" Pierre called out.

As Fennekin and I walked out to the runway, the audience began cheering. I smiled and waved to the audience. I looked down to my partner who was feeling excited as well.

"Fennekin, somehow, I'm having so much fun!" I exclaimed.

"Fenne—"

All of the sudden, Fennekin tripped over her bow and fell. Her hat had fallen from her head and the beads decorated on her tail had scattered across the runway.

"Fennekin!" I shouted as I knelt down and cradled her in my arms.

"Fenn..." she whimpered.

I held Fennekin close to me. I suddenly felt surrounded in darkness with only the spotlight on me. And I can feel the world around me falling into silence.

My eyes shot open as I quickly sit up from my bed. I looked around the pitch dark room and I realized that it was only a dream.

It was still early in the morning and school doesn't start for another four hours. So I fell back on my bed and closed my eyes.

... a dream that really happened.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was the next day, and as usual, I walked to school with the girls. Our conversation was mostly taken over by May and Dawn as they were talking about their club meeting yesterday. May was complaining about how Mr. Harley embarrassed her in front of everyone.

"Ugh! Can't you believe Mr. Harley? He decided to play the old recording of Max telling the Tentacool story to the club members yesterday! I can't believe he still kept it after all these years!" May cried.