Chapter 37

A/N: This is mostly an Ash focused chapter, and the start of the final phase of Pokemon Academy. Updates will continue to be slow, but hopefully, I can get this done by the end of this year *knocks on wood*

~~~~~~~~~~

(Ash's POV)

Following the map that was attached to the anonymous text message, I stood around in one of the city alleyways, hoping to see this mysterious person show up.

"Why did I decide to come here?" I looked around cautiously.

"Chaaa!" Pikachu jumped down from my shoulder and growled, sparks flying from his cheeks.

"Do you sense someone here, Pikachu?!" I checked my surroundings.

"I'm glad that you could make it, Ash," a voice called out.

Lurking from behind the corner, Silver appeared before me and Pikachu, who lowered his guard.

"Silver? What are you doing he-?" I questioned him.

"This is not a good place to talk," Silver cut me off.

Without letting me speak up, Silver ushered me down the dark alleyway and stopped in front of a sketchy-looking cafe.

"Wow, this is a bad place for a cafe," I stared at the gaudy building.

"It's no ordinary cafe, but it's away from prying eyes," Silver stated. "And by the way, I'll be taking this for now."

Silver waved around a holo caster, which has a Charmander Charm attached on the end.

"Hey!" I frantically checked my pockets.

"I'll give it back, but I just need to check something out of it," Silver informed.

"Normally, I wouldn't mind, but..." I stopped.

I wasn't worried about him having my holo caster, but I don't want him to see my interactions with The Fighter.

"I'll respect your privacy, Ash," Silver said. "I know you have a girlfriend, and you're a growing boy, so I'm not going to-"

"That's not what I meant!" I furiously shook my head. "And we're around the same age, so you don't have the right to say stuff like that!"

"Alright? Then follow me to the back entrance."

Not knowing his intentions, I followed him to the back of the cafe, and then he proceeded to press numbers on a keypad of a door.

"If you're still concerned, I'll just ask them to take apart your holo caster in front of you, and then no further complaints, alright?" Silver asked.

"O-okay, but who else is here?" I inquired.

"All I'm going to say is that they're a bunch of idiots that my father enlisted to help with my mission at the academy. And you'll probably be shocked when you see them."

As I was about to ask him, the trio of idiots clumsily opened the door before Silver could open it himself.

"Oh, it's you, Master Silver! Welcome back... eh?" They blinked.

"Wait, you guys are..." my jaw dropped.

Even though they were wearing cafe uniforms, it was pretty obvious that it was Team Rocket.

"AH, IT'S THE TWERP!" they screamed.

"AH, IT'S TEAM ROCKET!" I yelled.

Before we jumped to conclusions, Silver stepped in.

"Calm down," Silver sighed annoyingly.

"How could I not?! It's Team Rocket!" I glared.

"Yes, I'm aware you have unpleasant history with them, but they're working for me," he explained. "And it does not involve stealing your Pikachu or other Pokemon."