Chapter 23

A/N: I'm finally on summer break, so I might as well make this a longer chapter :P

~~~~~~~~~~

(Ash's POV)

Gary, Leafia, and I began telling our friends about how we met Yellow six years ago.

[Flashback]

Finally, I was old enough to start on my long-awaited journey to become a Pokemon Master. And tomorrow, I will be getting my first Pokemon from Professor Oak with Gary and Leafia. Since Leafia lives in the Sevii Islands, she is taking the Seagallop Ferries to the harbor in Vermilion City.

"Oh, there's the ferry! Do you see Leafia?" I asked.

"Nope, all I see is a girl floating on top of a pink balloon," Gary said.

He pointed to Leafia, who was sitting on top of an inflated Jigglypuff. She slowly descended onto the harbor and jumped onto me and Gary.

"Long time no see~ I miss you guys so much~" Leafia said cheerfully.

"Ugh... w-we missed you, too," I responded weakly.

She hasn't changed after five years. Except she does feel kinda... softer?

"It's great to have our little childhood reunion, but would you and Ashy-boy please get off of me?!" Gary shouted before pushing us off him.

"Aww~ Since when did you give him a cute nickname?" Leafia teased.

"Well, it's a fitting name for a loser like him," Gary snickered.

"Who are you calling a loser?! When I start on my journey, I'm gonna get ahead of you and become a Pokemon Master!" I retorted.

"Ha! I would like to see you try to get ahead of me, Ashy-boy!" he mocked.

A few days ago, Gary and I had a stupid fight over an old, rusty Pokeball, which broke into two pieces and we went from friends to spiteful rivals.

"Umm... did something happened after I moved away? You two are acting rude towards each other," Leafia pointed out.

"Eventually, we're all going to be rivals, but it's disappointing to be rivals with this loser," Gary said coldly.

"Well, it sucks to have you as my rival who doesn't accept having ties with me!" I argued.

"Because tying with you is just as bad as losing!" he shouted.

We didn't want to admit to Leafia that we haven't been on good terms, so we have to pretend that nothing happened.

After all, she wanted to get her first Pokemon with me and Gary.

"Okay, I don't know what happened, but oh my Arceus... you guys are acting so childish," Leafia sighed heavily.

Gary shrugged. "Whatever, but anyways, let's go to Viridian City."

"But that's a pretty long way from Vermilion City. And how did you two get here without any Pokemon to protect yourselves?"

"Obviously, I had my chauffeur drive me and my cheerleaders to come pick you up... and of course, Ashy-boy enjoyed the ride, too."

"I didn't exactly enjoy the ride. I literally had to sit on the back of the trunk because your air-headed cheerleaders took up the back seat," I retorted.

"Duh! A man needs to make his girlfriends feel comfortable," he gave a smug grin.

When Gary snapped his fingers, his chauffeur arrived with his cheerleaders sitting in the back of his sporty red convertible.