Chapter 15

(Ash's POV)

Last night, I apologized to Gary and Leafia for worrying them, but they won't forgive me unless I do something else for them. So I decided to take them out to this famous restaurant in the city.

"Wow, the steak here is great, Ashy-boy!" Gary exclaimed.

"Yeah, thanks for treating us here!" Leafia grinned.

"You're welcome," I sighed.

When May helped me escaped from the Almia Hall incident with Misty, I took her here as thanks because I heard it was a popular place. I admit that the food here was good, but it was expensive. I was almost afraid that May was going to eat everything out of my wallet.

Leafia spoke, "Hey, Ash. There's something we've been meaning to ask you since we noticed this last Friday."

"If it's about the training sessions, then I already told you guys that I'm gonna cut back on that," I stated.

"We're glad to hear that, but it's not about your training sessions. We want to talk to you about Serena," Gary said.

If I remembered correctly, Serena told me that they suggested that she should ask me to help her with the Pokevision. I understand they were worried about me and wanted me to settle down from training. But what does Serena have to do with anything?

"Okay? What about Serena?" I asked as I was eating spaghetti.

Gary grinned. "You like Serena, don't you Ash?"

When he said that, I started to choke on the spaghetti. I quickly drank a glass of water to help bring down the food from my throat.

"Augh, I almost died there," I coughed.

"Darn, I wanted to do the Heimlich maneuver on you," Leafia said disappointingly.

I sweat dropped. "Anyways, what do you mean?"

"When you're around Serena, you act like a totally different person. You're more cheerful and relaxed," Gary pointed out.

"And not to mention, you're always looking out for her whenever you two are in proximity of each other," Leafia added.

I blushed. "Well, I—"

"And you're not getting out of this one, Ashy-boy," he smirked.

"Yeah, you're not getting off the hook that easily," she grinned.

How did I get caught up into this? When they start interrogating me like this, they're not gonna stop until they get an answer from me.

"How do you feel about Serena?" Gary asked.

I paused, not knowing how to respond. It's true that I have been acting differently around Serena and that she makes my heart feel strange. Maybe I should just tell them since they could probably figure this out.

"Lately, I'm getting all these weird emotions whenever she's around me. Like when she's happy, it's like my heart was getting filled with her happiness," I explained.

"Anything else?" Leafia inquired.

"And seeing her smile makes me feel something that I can't really describe. Now, I can't get her off my mind and I don't really understand what's happening to me."

Suddenly, my face was hit by something hard. I caught the object before it hits the ground. I looked at the object and this time, it was a Love Ball.

"Why a Love Ball?" I questioned.

Gary placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled, "Ashy-boy... you're in love with Serena."

My eyes widened when I heard those words escape from his mouth.