Chapter 29

(Serena's POV)

In the theater room, we began our first meeting of the semester. Since Aria returned to her duties as Kalos Queen, Madame Pierre assigned me and the other members to help out with the new members.

"That's enough practice for today, girls!" Madame announced.

"Yes, ma'am!" we exclaimed.

Before I excused myself with everyone else, Madame Pierre stopped me.

"Serena, may I have a moment of your time?" Madame asked.

"Of course, Madame," I replied.

When I approached her on stage, she had a huge smile plastered across her face.

"I've noticed that you have improved significantly during your time at this academy," she remarked.

"Really? I... haven't really noticed it myself," I blushed.

"You're almost on the same wavelength as Miss Aria! In fact, I'm considering on having you as our new club president."

"Me? As the new club president? But I don't think I'm a suitable candidate to be this club's president. And I'm not as influential as Aria."

"Nonsense, Serena! You have a much more unique charm and personality that differs from Miss Aria, which makes me believe you have potential to be the next Kalos Queen."

"Thank you, and I wouldn't have gotten this far without my friends."

It was thanks to Ash and the others for supporting me through hard times. And if I have the chance to see Aria again, I want to thank her for teaching me the ways of being a performer who makes everyone smile.

"But you know, I was more surprised that you've performed with an injury during your end-of-the-year performance," Madame pointed out.

"Oh, so you noticed my injury on stage," I said with a feeling of guilt in my voice.

"Even though you did marvelous on your performance, it was really reckless. And I'm sure Miss Palermo wouldn't agree to see you perform with an injury."

Miss Palermo? Where have I heard that name from?

"Serena! They're waiting for us with Mairin," Shauna informed.

"O-okay, Shauna. Just give me a moment with Madame."

"No, I don't want to keep your friends waiting," Madame said. "I'll let you think about the club president position, but I would need your answer by Monday."

"Okay, I'll let you know," I waved.

After finishing our conversation, I grabbed my handbag and left with Shauna.

~~~~~~~~~~

Since Mairin was feeling down from yesterday, May, Dawn, Shauna, and I took her to the dessert cafe to cheer her up.

"Delicious! This is the best dessert cafe ever!" May exclaimed, stuffing her face with cake. "Why didn't you tell me about this place, Serena?"

"Well, I only knew about this place from Ash. But Leafia recommended this dessert cafe to him in the first place," I stated.

"Leafia?! How could she not tell me about this place?" May complained.

"Because she knew you would eat everything," Dawn joked.

"Yeah, I heard your stomach is like a bottomless pit," Shauna laughed.

"Very funny," May took another bite.

Everyone laughed except Mairin, who was staring silently at her chocolate cake.

"You're not going to eat, Mairin?" I asked.