Chapter 26

(Ash's POV)

As requested by Iris, I headed over to the Pokemon Corral to take care of the Dragon-type Pokemon. It should be located near the school garden, so I walked through the cherry blossom path and there was a huge enclosure up ahead of me.

"Dang, this place is bigger than the Battle Dome."

The Pokemon Corral is a sanctuary for all types of Pokemon. And students, namely Pokemon Breeders, can learn how to raise Pokemon for health and friendship. However, it's not easily accessible to enter the sanctuary without permission from the school faculty or the clubs associated with the Pokemon Corral.

"Let's go in, Pikachu."

I used Iris's key to open the gates, but I ended up getting tackled down by a Gogoat.

"Oww... a Gogoat?" I groaned.

"Muuu~" Gogoat bleated happily.

"Wait, aren't you the Skiddo from before? You evolved, didn't you?"

He nodded and nuzzled against my face.

"Wow! You look great, Gogoat!" I petted him.

"Ash?" a voice called out.

I looked up to see Bonnie and Yellow.

"Hey, I didn't know you two were here," I said.

"Did you forgot, Ash? I'm a member of the Pokemon Welfare club," Bonnie stated.

"Oh, right. And what about Yellow?"

"Bonnie is giving me a tour of the Pokemon Corral, and so far, I'm pretty interested in her club!" Yellow smiled.

"That's good to hear, Yellow."

"But importantly, how did you get into the Pokemon Corral?" Bonnie asked. "I don't remember you being part of any club that requires access to this place."

"Umm... you see..." I explained to them about the situation with Iris. "Because I didn't want her to push herself, I offered- well, more like I persuaded her to let me take care of the Dragon-type Pokemon. Right now, Misty and Serena are taking care of her. And hopefully, she stays in bed."

"Well, you did the right thing," Bonnie nodded understandably. "When I saw her yesterday, she clearly didn't look too well. And I think her fever is affecting her mindset because she assumed that Squishy was a Dragon-type."

"Squishy? A Dragon-type?" I said in disbelief.

As soon as I said Squishy's name, he popped out of Bonnie's bag and angrily mumbled something at me.

"Umm... sorry, I wish I knew what you're saying, Squishy," I sweat dropped.

"He's saying you're being disrespectful to him," Yellow answered.

"How do you know what he's saying, Yellow?" Bonnie asked.

"Erm... intuition?" she laughed nervously.

Whenever I visited Yellow in Viridian City, I would always catch her speaking with Pokemon in Viridian Forest. But I didn't think too much on the topic since she's strongly connected with the forest Pokemon.

"That reminds me. Did you found out anything about Squishy?" I asked.

"Not yet," Bonnie replied. "Professor Sycamore was busy today, but he's still interested about studying Squishy, so he wants to take a look at him on Friday."

"Great! Can I come with you? I would like to know what Professor Sycamore thinks about Squishy."

"M-me too!" Yellow jumped in. "I never seen a Pokemon like Squishy, so I'm curious to learn more about him."