Chapter 28

(Ash's POV)

When I opened my eyes, I saw nothing but darkness.

"Wh... where am I?"

I checked my surroundings, but I couldn't see anything in this pitch black room, or wherever the hell I am.

"You're finally awake, Ash Ketchum."

I adjusted my eyes to the darkness and I see a person standing right before me, wearing a mask and a cloak. And next to him was a bipedal, humanoid creature who gave me an eye-piercing glare.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm... an ally," he replied.

"I find that hard to believe since you're not telling me your name."

"I can't tell you who I am, but I need you to hear me out."

"I don't think I want to hear anything from a suspicious person like you."

"Fine, then I guess I'll have to show you this."

Using Telepathy, his Pokemon showed me an image of my friends, my family, and... Serena. But suddenly, I heard their screams and their image burned away in flames.

"Y-you asshole! You're going to harm them?!"

"No, but the mastermind controlling this entire island will bring harm to not only you and your friends, but to others as well."

"Wh-what are you talking about?!"

"What I'm saying is that if we don't do something, our loved ones will be placed in a dangerous situation."

I don't know if I should believe what he says, but I don't want anything to happen to my friends and family. And I especially don't want Serena to get hurt again.

"Alright, I'll hear you out, but what do you mean by we?" I raised my brow.

"I want you to help me get to the bottom of this mystery of Kizuna Academy and Shinrai Island," he stated.

When we arrived here, Gary was skeptical about the existence of Shinrai Island. Like how it wasn't stated in the school brochure or how it wasn't publicly announced by Pokemon Explorers. And now, this person is saying the same thing.

"By the way, did you come to this school because your acceptance letter claimed that a certain person is attending here?" he inquired.

My eyes widened in surprise. "H-how do you know that? I haven't told anyone about what was written in my letter."

He pulled out something from his cloak and presented it to me.

"Because I'm a student myself," he showed me his letter. "Just like you, I got an acceptance letter from Kizuna Academy and I decided to attend because of what was written specifically for me... a person to be exact."

So he's also looking for someone at this school. Could we be looking for the same person?

"Do you mind telling what your letter says?" I asked.

"I don't believe we're looking for the same person, but regardless, I will show you the contents of my letter," he said.

He opened his letter and showed me what was written in italics.

Your archenemy is planning to take over the Kalos region. As the trainer who had once disbanded his evil organization, you are the only one who can stop him again.