Chapter 7

(Serena's POV)

He was standing right there before my eyes. I can't believe that I finally met him.

I spoke slowly, "U-um, thanks for helping me."

"It's no problem. And don't apologize since it's kinda my fault for being in your way," Ash said as he flashed another smile.

I have a lot of things that I wanted to say to him, but I can't get any words to come out of my mouth. Does he remember me from Oak's Summer Camp?

Then Ash held his hand towards me and his pair of brown eyes were meeting with mines.

"By the way, we haven't introduced ourselves yet. I'm Ash and this is my buddy, Pikachu."

"Pika Pikachu!" his Pikachu greeted me.

"My name is Serena and it's a pleasure to meet you, Ash," I said as I shook his hand.

His hand felt rough but warm.

"Serena, huh? Then you must be one of Calem's friends, right? He told me that you decided to attend Kizuna Academy just to meet me."

"O-oh, he did?" I blushed. "W-well, when I heard that you were going to Kizuna Academy, I thought that I could take that chance to meet an amazing person like you."

Back at the cafe, Calem must have realized that I decided to go to Kizuna Academy because Ash said he was going there. Why do I make myself so obvious?

"Me? Amazing?" he scratched his cheek. "I don't think I'm that amazing, but hearing you say that does make me happy."

His cheeks were turning slightly red from my comment. Ash looked really cute when he's embarrassed. Alright! I'm going to ask him if he remembers me.

"Hey Ash, can I ask you about something?" I asked softly.

"Sure, what do you need to ask?" he turned his attention towards me.

I took a deep breath and started. "Well, do you remem—"

"Hellooo~ Did you forgot that I was here too?" Dawn interrupted.

"D-Dawn!" I stuttered.

"Oh, hey Dawn," he waved. "I haven't seen you since the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup in the Unova region."

She playfully rolled her eyes. "Ash, it's only been a few months when I saw you last time with Iris and Cilan, so it hasn't been that long."

"Hahaha... I see. I must feel a little jet-lagged from all the traveling that I'm losing my sense of time," he chuckled nervously.

"Though we would like to continue our chat..." Dawn checked the time on her Poketch. "Serena and I need to get going to our biology class."

"Well, Dawn. My next class happens to be biology, too," Ash informed.

"That's great! If we're in the same class, then we can just walk there together," I suggested.

He gave a thumbs up. "Alright, I'm right behind you two."

~~~~~~~~~~

When we entered the classroom, we looked around for an open table. Since this is a biology class, the tables were arranged to have a group of six people.

"Serena, Dawn! Come sit over here!" Shauna called.

Shauna was sitting at one of the tables with Kenny and a spiky-haired boy. I could hear Ash muttering something about him. Perhaps they know each other? He does look awfully familiar to me.