A Night To Remember

A/N: WARNING! This chapter does contain smut, if you don't like to read that sort of thing then feel free to skip over it. This is the only warning I will give regarding any further smut in the story. Enjoy the chapter!!     R.

The last few days had flown by in a hurry. Everybody wanted to see him once they had found out he was home. His mother fussed him senseless and his father questioned him about basic training and often reminisced about the Great War years before.

He had missed them both terribly but their fussing suffocated him and often he found himself wishing he could have only Ali's company.

He had seen her every day since returning home. All of his spare time went to her and he was glad for it. It had been almost ten weeks since he had last seen her, before he went to Biggin Hill, but to him she was still the same beautiful and sweet Ali he had left behind.

Her green eyes were bright again, only the faintest signs of sadness lingered behind them. Her hair was still long and still wavy and that loose strand still fell across her face the way it always did. He loved the way she had to tuck it carefully behind her ear.

It was now Friday and the heavy sinking feeling crept over him, reminding him that tomorrow he would return to Biggin Hill and resume the final six weeks of basic training before heading to a different Base to begin his pilot training.

Jack shook his head, trying to push the thought to the back of his mind. He tightened up the navy blue tie around his neck and shrugged on the dark blue jacket. Sitting on the edge of the bed he tied his shoe laces tight. He rolled his ankle in circles, a dull ache lingered but the pain of his injury had all but gone. Standing, he admired himself in the mirror. He lifted his hat from the bed post and flipped it onto his head. The uniform made him look older than his twenty two years.

As he turned to leave the room he picked up the floral corsage off the dressing table and made his way downstairs. His mother and father had already left for the town hall. He decided to walk to Ali's house from here.

A short-time later and he is knocking at her front door. Mrs Dawes opens it and let's him in.

"My, Jack don't you look smart, a real gentlemen," she beams.

Jack takes a seat in the armchair and waits a few minutes.

"Sorry I'm late," her voice echos as she walks down the stairs.

Her voice snaps his head up and he stands, turning to face her. His eyes widen and his mouth parts at the sight of her.

She is wearing a dark floral knee length dress, the sleeves of the dress are lace and finish just above her elbow. It hugs her body tightly as she twirls, showing off her outfit. Her blonde hair is up and pinned into curls and her lips are a bright rouge colour. A low pair of black heeled shoes, that fasten around the ankle, adorn her feet and her heels click clack along the floor as she walks towards him.

"Ali," He breathes. His lips are moving but no sound comes out.

She smiles at him as she looks up at him from under her lashes.

"You look more beautiful than ever," he croaks making her blush.

"I got this for you," he takes her arm and pushes the white floral corsage on.

"Oh Jack," she smiles "I love it,"

She leans up to kiss him and he leans down meeting her in the middle. Their lips meet and he takes his hat off, moving closer to her. His hand rests against the small of her back, pulling her towards him. She leans forward, lifting her right foot off the floor and falling towards him. He catches her and lowers her into his arms so that he is looking down into her eyes.