He hugs her tightly and they kiss goodnight. He feels Ella's body relax a few minutes later as she drifts off to sleep.

He didn't sleep much that night....

———-
Niall walks into the studio the next morning after dropping Ella off at work. He meets up with Julian, a music producer and great friend, and Ed Sheeran.

"I think you need to add something else in there," ed points out. "I don't know, it's just missing something."

Niall nods and messes with the soundboard while Julian gets the sound booth ready.

"How are things going mate?" Niall asks. "The tour I mean."

"It's going great. Happy I got a break now. It's always good to get a break." Ed replies. "And you? How are things? Any update on your current situation?"

"Ella? She came back as you know. We are currently working on things, but I guess you can say we're dating? But like I said, still trying to work things out."

Ed raises an eyebrow. "Mhm, are you two...you're not rushing it, right? You know..."

"Sex? No, we haven't. I told her already I don't want to rush this. But Louis is currently deciding what's going to happen in the future. He wants me to dip back into the PR-Fake-Girlfriend stunts again. But Ella wouldn't let him so she offered herself. But Louis is taking everything into consideration."

"I bet. I know how Louis can be." Ed says as he sits down in the chair. "But you and Ella, I'm glad to hear you two are working on things. I hope all goes well."

"Me too mate," Niall scratches his head. "We still have a long road ahead of our relationship but I think it'll work out."

Julian knocks on the sound booth window. "Are we ready out there?"

Niall nods and presses a button for the speaker in the booth. "We sure are! Come out here so we can start the session."

———

Later that evening, Ella is at her place since Niall had to work late with Ed and Julian on some things. But he did say he was going to come by afterwards.

So that leaves Ella some time to wash up, clean the place, and eat dinner that she made.

Ella was watching Stranger Things on Netflix when she got a text message.

"Hey there love, I'm on my way! 😁 Also, can I spend the night? I'll give you a ride to work tomorrow. ☺️" Niall's text read.

"Sure thing 😝 do you want something to eat? I already ate dinner but I got leftovers? 😅" Ella types out and clicks send.

"No, I got something to eat. See you in a few mins. 😉"

Ella cleans up the kitchen a little bit from when she made dinner. By the time she was done, Niall arrives.

She rushes over to the front door and opens it for him just as he was about to Knock. "Hi babe."

He jumps a little and puts his hand down. "Oh! Hi Ella."