Problems of Dating a Dragon Slayer (Natsu x Reader)

Anime: Fairytail

Request: Sydthakid1357 

(A/N: A million apologies for not writing this sooner!)

"NATSU!" You yell. "COME DOWN FOR BREAKFAST!" 

Still nothing. You sighed. You had been trying to call him down for about ten minutes. You were starting to worry. You couldn't recall the last time that your boyfriend had slept through any meal. 

"NATSU!" You yell again. 

After a few more minutes of silence, you stand up from the table and walk to your room. "Natsu?" You ask as you open the door. "Are you awake?" 

You're faced with a mostly empty bed, except a few pillows and pink blanket bunched up at the top in what you assumed was supposed to be a human shape. "Did he seriously think that a bunch of pillows could fool me?" You ask, shaking your head. "Oh well, I guess it's breakfast alone today." 

You assumed that he had some mission that he forgot about and he had to leave. It happened quite often, and so you learned to not worry unless he was gone for more than two weeks. You still missed him, but there really wasn't any point in spending all of your days stressing. (Or so you tried to convince yourself)

You ate your breakfast quickly and packed up Natsu's in a small bag. You decided to take it to the guild hall, maybe if he's still there he could eat it. You knew the guild quite well, since you were a retired mage. You decided that fighting wasn't really your thing, so you just opened up a small B&B/restaurant. Nowadays, you use your magic to clean and keep guests in check. 

While you were walking to the guild hall, you could've sworn that you saw a familiar head of pink hair. You shook yourself off and kept walking, assuming that you were just seeing things.

When you arrived, you entered to be greeted warmly by the rest of the guild. You smiled and waved, chatting a bit with some of your old friends. After catching up, you walked over to Mirajane. 

"Hey, is Natsu still here?" You asked. "I wanted to give him some breakfast."

Mirajane looked confused. "Sorry Y/N, but Natsu hasn't been here at all today." She told you. 

"Huh. He left this morning without telling me, so I assumed that he had a mission." You said, shrugging. 

"Not as far as I know. But if he comes in I'll tell him that you were looking." She assured you before offering you a drink since you were already here. You respectfully declined, telling her that you had some work to take care of at home. 

-Time Skip-

You decided to go shopping since there wasn't any new guests booked and arrived a bit later than you expected to. You fumbled around with your bags, trying to find your key. Once found, you opened the door and set down your groceries in the kitchen. You had just begun to unpack when you heard a loud crash from upstairs. 

"Natsu?" You asked hesitantly. "Is that you?" 

After hearing nothing, you walked upstairs to your room. You opened the door to see Natsu frantically trying to put together a broken vase on the floor. "Natsu?" You asked. "What are you doing?" 

"I, um, I." He tried to think of an excuse before giving up. "I was trying to surprise you for our anniversary, but then I dropped the vase of flowers I got for you." He told you glumly. 

You laughed, saying, "Aww, that's sweet, but-"

"I was just trying to do something nice." He continued, cutting you off. 

"Don't worry about, just come down and help me unpack groceries." You said, dragging him out the door. "We'll clean this up later."

The two of you unpacked and then cleaned the rest of the B&B.  By the time you finished it was almost dinner time so you started to cook while talking about plans for the weekend. After eating you went on an evening walk. When you returned, you changed into your pajamas. 

You curled up into a hug next to your fireball, knowing that at some point you would have to unstick yourself from him if you didn't want to be boiled in your sleep. Then you started to giggle quietly.

"What is it?" Natsu asked you.

"Our anniversary is next week."