Friendly Competition(Human!Soul x Reader)

Request= Otter_and_Duck

Anime = Soul Eater

(A/N: This is a modern AU. Also, go check out Otter_and_Duck's oneshot book, because it's a great read! Note - F/V = Favorite video game (that requires battling/is a Xbox/PS/Wii game))

"Y/N." Soul, your boyfriend, says harshly through his teeth.

"Yes?" You sing in response, looking over at him from your comfortable position on the couch.

"How do you keep beating me!" Soul yells, throwing his controller at the floor. You stifle a laugh, biting your lip and reaching over to softly punch his arm.

"Hey, it's not my  fault you suck at F/V." You tell him while ignoring his pout. You lean over to pick up his controller and hand it to him. "Wanna play another round? Then we can order something to eat?" You bribe him, dangling the promise of food in order to get what you really want: A chance to beat your "cool" boyfriend in playing video games. You had a deal with Patty, Liz, Maka, and Tsubaki that if you can beat Soul ten times in a video game of your choice, they'll buy you a Limited Edition of (Favorite Movie). Luckily for you, they have no idea about your secret passion for F/V, so you're guaranteed the ultimate prize. Plus, it's pretty fun to beat your boyfriend, so it's a win-win.

"Fine, but we're going to get a pizza and Chinese." Soul grumbles, making you laugh.

"Pizza and  Chinese? Are you sure you want such diverse cultural differences? I mean, I'm not sure that I can handle that many different types of food from all over the world during one meal." You tease him, setting up the next round, adjusting all over the setting to make it a "fun" game.

Soul shrugs, turning to you while announcing, "I'm going to beat you this time!"

You can't hold in your laughter this time and turn to him, sputtering through laughter. "S-Soul, you haven't beat me all night, so it's take a miracle for me to lose this time. Do I have to remind you that I'm a expert when it comes to F/V?" You pale and mumble, "Please don't try to make a bet with me and make it like those cliché fan fictions I read..."

"Huh?" Soul asks, not understanding what you're saying. "Can we just play already?" You laugh your thoughts off and nod, beginning the game.

-Time Skip- 

"YES!" You jump off the couch, bouncing up and down. "Ten times! I beat my boyfriend ten times! F/M, here I come!" You yell while walking up to Soul. He looks up at you from his seat and you fall on top of him, hugging him tightly and whispering, "I love you." Soul's eyes widen but he hugs you back and whispers his affections back to you.

You separate and smile at each other, you exclaiming, "I'll order the pizza!"

Soul nods and shoots up, saying, "I'm on Chinese!" Halfway to reaching for his phone, he turns to you and asks, "Wait... What did you mean by F/M, here I come..?"

You smile sheepishly and lean over to peck Soul on the lips, surprising him. "I love you!" You repeat and turn around, sprinting out of the room.

"Y/N? Y/N!?"