(34)

Your POV
I approached the door that I once looked forward to opening. This time however, I felt anxious and uneasy - something I never thought I'd feel when knocking on the door to my own house. -  I knocked three times on the door and stood patiently, my stomach beginning to knot up. I hadn't spoken to Alex since the day we had an argument.

Before I could get too deep into my thoughts, the door handle begun to turn and Alex appeared from behind the door. But not looking like the Alex I last saw.

"Alex?" I questioned, not believing the state my brother was in. His eyes were dull and dark; no emotion being visible. His hair was scruffy and his face was pale.

"You look.. different." I trailed off.

A weak smile formed along his faded pink lips. "I know. I guess that's what happens when you don't see your sister in a few weeks." He lightly chuckled.

I looked up at him and sighed, I felt bad for what I did. But then again, maybe it was a good thing I did. Maybe he thought about me and Jonathan, and finally accepted it.

Alex opened the door and let me in, closing it behind me. I walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa.

"I'm sorry for what I did. I really am. But at the time, it seemed like a good choice. Whether or not it is now, is another story. In which I'd like to discuss." I replied, building up hope that Alex had changed his mind as to what he thought about me and Jonathan's relationship.

"And I hope you don't plan on going back to college looking like this." I giggled slightly, trying to brighten up the dim mood of the atmosphere.

Alex walked over to me and sat down next to me. "What's the point? I've got nothing there to look forward to. I've got no friends, no girlfriend, and my own sister doesn't want to see me."

I looked at Alex in slight shock, my eyebrows raised and my mouth ajar slightly. "Alex! I never said I didn't want to see you anymore. I just wanted to give you some time to think about things. Like the relationship I've got with Jonathan."

Alex's head suddenly shot up. "Relationship? With Jonathan? You guys are actually together now?" He asked. I couldn't work out if he was angry, annoyed, upset or concerned.

"Yes. Yes we are. And we're very happy together."

"Well I'm glad. I don't like seeing you miserable." He simply replied, showing a little bit of happiness and relief in his tone.

I smiled a little and took Alex's hands in mine. "Thank you. But Alex, I don't know what you think of mine and Jonathan's relationship now. But if you still don't like it, then that's your problem. You need to learn to accept it. Your sister is finally happy now with someone she truly loves. And this whole thing, you having a problem with me and Jonathan dating, was it even worth it? And the answer is no. Alex, because of this, you lost your best friend and almost your sister. Although you did hurt Jonathan too at times, I know he'd still be willing to forgive you."

The room started to feel a little more brighter and as if the air had become clearer. I felt as if I'd just lifted a weight off my shoulders. I had been wanting to tell Alex this.

Alex looked at our hands that were in each other's grasp, he slightly chuckled before looking back up at me.

"You know what? I think you're right. I have made such a big deal out of things. But do you really think me and Jonathan could become best friends again?" Alex asked curiously, his undertone containing a slight bit of hope.

"Well, yes. Although it could take some time. It won't feel the same at first, but after a few weeks, everything will seem normal. And hopefully it will feel as if this whole situation didn't happen." I assured Alex, my mood becoming happier by the passing second.

A/N: Sorry for not updating this story in a few days. I've been busy with school and stuff. I also apologise for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

I think it's sad to say, that I think this story may be coming to an end. I don't really know where else I want to take it. For now I'll continue it, but I might not post a lot until I think of some more possible ideas. But I will definitely write another story about Jonathan because he's such an amazing and precious soul, who truly deserved everything. :)

Thanks for reading!❤️