(11)

Your POV
Me and Jonathan had been sat on the sofa together watching a movie for the last hour or so. However, I hadn't really been paying attention. There were too many things on my mind. But being with Jonathan calmed my negative and worrying thoughts down. I felt safer and protected. It was obvious my feelings for Jonathan were true and I was madly in love with him. Dating Jason was the biggest mistake of my life and it needed to end. Even though I was avoiding any possible chance of going back to my brother's house, I would have to face him sooner or later. And when I do, I don't want Jonathan with me. Jason threatened Jonathan and I would hate to see him get hurt. Although, Jon doesn't stand for any crap. He's not afraid to hurt Jason either.

"You alright?" Jon comfortingly asked and moved closer to me.

A little sigh escaped my mouth and I turned my head to look at Jonathan. "I think I'm ready to face my fear and call it off with Jason."

Jon's face slightly light up and he sat up. "That's great. Did you want to go to Alex's now?"

"I'll go now. But I don't want you coming with me Jon."

"What? Why?" Jon asked a little sternly.

"Because I don't want you getting hurt. He threatened you, and if you're there, he won't hesitate to throw a few punches at you."

Jonathan laughed slightly. "That's great for him. But I'm not afraid to throw a punches at him either. I want to come with you, I don't want you getting hurt even more."

"No Jon. I appreciate that. I really do. But this is something I have to do. Please stay here. If I need you, I'll call." I said in a reassuring tone.

Jon looked down and sighed. "You promise me you'll call if you need me?" Jon hesitantly asked and took my hands in his.

"Yes Jon. I'll see you in a bit. Bye." I said and wrapped my arms tightly around Jonathan's back.

Jonathan hugged me back and broke it as I started to pull away. He gave a little nod and I smiled then left for mine and Alex's house.

As I walked along the street that led up to my house anxiety suddenly hit me and made me stomach turn and curl. I hated the bolt of anxiety I was suddenly feeling but I had to do it. I couldn't back out now.

I approached my front door and slowly opened it; revealing an empty living room. The house was silent; like nobody was home. Alex's bag wasn't on the sofa where it normally would be so I figured no one was home and that Jason had left. I stepped into the house and quietly shut the door behind me. Every little creak of my footsteps made me jump and made my anxiety fizz up inside of me. But I desperately tried to ignore it.

I got closer to the kitchen door and heard a faint sound coming from inside the room. I poked my head around the corner and saw Jason sat at the table, looking down, frowning and tapping the table with his fingers; like he was slightly distraught and thinking.

I let out a quiet and little sigh and quickly stepped into the kitchen. Jason's head immediately turned and looked up at me. His frown had gone and his facial expression had changed. It was unreadable to me. I don't know how to describe it. It's like he was relieved to see me? Jason got up and started to approach me and stood in front of me.

"Where have you been? I've been worried sick!" Jason said in a relieved tone and put his hands on either one of my shoulders.

I was confused at his actions and words. Worried? He's acting like the event that happened earlier on today didn't happen?

"Well? Where were you?" Jason asked again. This time his voice sounded snappy and the relief had turned into a quiet undertone.

The fear was building up and I was getting worried. But I had to tell him. I had to call it all off with him.

"I- I was w- with Jonathan." I nervously stuttered.

Jason's face had turned in the split second of me finishing my sentence. His eyes were now squinting and his eyebrows were alerted.

Just then, his hand rose in the air and before I could turn away, his hand smacked me across the cheek; immediately leaving a burning sensation. I stepped back a few steps and lightly held my tingling, almost numb, cheek.

"You were with that? I knew you would leave me for him! How dare you! You are nothing more than a ugly slut!" Jason yelled in my face.

The tears of fear and pain started to build up and block my eyesight. My eyesight quickly became blocked and I was only about to see blurs. And through the blur I could Jason's hand coming towards me again in quick speed. This time, however, my reflexes kicked in and I moved my head just in time.

"You bitch!" Jason yelled and grabbed my wrists causing me to burst out into fearful tears.

His grip tightened around my wrists and he dragged me into the living room and pushed me down onto the sofa.

"You fucking deserve this, you slut!" Jason was stood over me and this time a blurry fist was heading straight for my face.

"No!" A voice suddenly yelled from the left of me - over where the front door was. - My blurry and clouded vision still wasn't clear but it was enough to make out that Jason wasn't stood in front of me anymore.