“Why not?”

“Because you need to earn them, they’re not for free.”

“What if I’m your mate?”

“It's going to be even harder."

"Adria, can I kiss you?"

He said. I tried not to burst out laughing at how pathetic that sounded. I sat up and moved us so that I was on top. “Why James-” It was extremely hard not to laugh.

“you haven’t earned it, but I guess…”

I smiled as I leaned down to graze my lips with his. It wasn’t a kiss but a tease.

“No, you have to earn them.”

‘For now.’ I didn’t tell him the ‘for now’ part. He would find that out soon. I got up and jumped out.

“Maybe. If you catch me, you might get one. I’m not sure, I haven’t decided.” I ran out the door, down the stairs to the kitchen. I hid behind the island the Dylan was there, so I ran to the pantry and climbed up to the highest shelf. It was definitely out of James’ reach. I had heard footsteps approaching the kitchen and my heart started to speed up.

“Where is she?” He asked Dylan.

“In the pantry, uhh… I think.”

I’ll get him back later for that. James came in the pantry and said

“Adria, I know you’re in here. I can smell you.”

I slowly backed away as far as I could until I hit the wall. James looked up.

“Adria?!? What the hell are you doing up there?! Get down right now! You could kill yourself!”

“I'm not coming down! If I do then you'll catch me and I'll have to kiss you!"

"Is kissing me really that bad?"

He said, heard evident in his voice. I love kissing him, he was good at it too.

“Not really.”

He smirked. I cursed myself. I didn’t mean for those words to escape my lips.

“Well then, I guess we need practice.”

He said this well climbing up to get me. As he reached for me I tried to push him away but he caught my wrist. We fell from up there because I pushed him. He flipped us so I could land on top of him. As soon as we started falling he wrapped me in a tight embrace to protect me from harm. When we landed I felt the air leave his body. I started to freak out.

“James! James! Are you okay? James! Please open your eyes! James!”

I kissed his lips only to have him start to laugh mid-kiss.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Because, love, you are the only one with acting skills.”

He said chuckling.

“You asshole, I actually thought you were hurt! Why would you do that! You had me worried sick! You son of a bitch!”

I started hitting his chest.

“Hey, calm down Gorgeous, I didn’t mean to make you upset! I’m sorry!”