Chapter 23

"You nearly killed her, you moron! I asked you to bring her in one piece. Thankfully, she is in one piece but she also has a concussion! All you had to do was crash the car and bring her back! How hard was that task?!"

Groaning, I slowly opened my eyes. Doing that hurt like hell. My mind was fuzzy and my body was aching. My head was killing me; I spied some Advil and a glass of water on a bedside table. I took the Advil and downed the water as I looked around the room. Inwardly, I gasped. This was the most beautiful room I have ever seen!

Wall to wall oil paintings of abstract art. Small cherub ornaments hung on the cream colored walls. Light red satin curtains were flung open, light seeping through frosted glass windows. A plush deep red carpet sat on the ground. A cream sofa sat in front of window next to a frosted glass door that led to a balcony. Silently, I stood up from the soft four poster bed with cream sheets and a blood red comforter. A pink laptop sat on the far corner of the bed.

The room was amazing. However, I had no clue where I was. I had no clue as to whose room this was. As much I loved the room, I had to find a way out.

Just as I was about to step away from the bed, the door opened. My heart hammered in my chest. I was about to meet my kidnapper. The person entered the room and my jaw dropped.

The person smugly smiled. "Shocked, Heaven?"

TWO DAYS EARLIER

"Tristan, I promise I will be fine! You don't have to go with me," I pleaded.

He sighed. "When Damien is silent, it means he will strike. It's been a month. This is January. Nothing from him so far! I don't want anything to happen to you."

Tristan and I were in his office. He was sitting at his desk, his hands running a marathon through his hair. Standing in front of his desk, I pouted like a child.

Yasmine had asked Hadassah and I to go with her to Exquisite Beauty Creations, a very extravagant and expensive day spa that catered to select clientele. If your bank account had more than a couple hundred million, you were in the right place. Yasmine had decided that she was not going to let Damien rule her life and after several heated arguments with Tristan, she was going to be Mrs. Bryson Lanning at the end of February.

We were going to the spa to have a day to ourselves and to also begin planning her wedding. Yasmine was adamant that the planning be finished by the end of January so that all that would be left would be dress shopping for the girls and tuxedo shopping for the boys. One could tell that we would have a serious bridezilla on our hands.

I sighed and walked around the desk and sat down in his lap. I grabbed his face and pulled it close to mine. "It will be fine. Gray and Marco will be with me. I will try to explain to the owner of the spa why I need them with me. If she says no, then I will be with Hadassah and Yasmine. Gray and Marco can stay by the door. I would be with someone at all times. I promise."

Tristan leaned forward and planted a toe curling kiss on my lips. "Keep your phone on at all times. I will call you every hour. You don't answer, I know something is up," he said, the tip of his nose rubbing against mine.

Smiling, I squealed and hugged him. It was times like this that I wanted to tell him how much I loved him but the stubborn part of me was waiting for him to say it first. Instead, I opted to say, "You are amazing!"

Tristan rolled his eyes and flashed me his breathtaking smile. "Get going before my sister drags you out of here!"

Stepping out of Tristan's office, I was met with the statue like faces of Gray and Marco. I rolled my eyes and retrieved my bag from my desk.