Chapter 20 (Pic of Damien)

Picture of Damien played by Tyler Hoechlin to the side----->

Christmas was here! Snow was falling in New York. I loved this time of year.

Tristan and I were back in New York. As soon as we got back, he threw himself into his company, making sure every business he owned was up to date for the Christmas season. Tristan made sure that he always made time for me. Ever since my outburst, he made sure that I was okay. My nightmares slowly began to disappear whenever Tristan slept next to me. His comforting arms allowed me to sleep peacefully.

I was currently sitting in the Genesis restaurant waiting on Bryson and Yasmine to arrive. Apparently, they had big news to share with me.

Chatter surrounded every table. A waiter brought me a glass of water and I took out my iPhone to message Tristan to let him know that I had arrived safely. I heard a chair being pulled out at my table and I looked up from my phone to see a man sit down at the table.

"Oh! I'm sorry but I'm waiting on someone," I said thinking that the man thought I was alone and seeking conversation.

I felt something cold on my knee and I tensed when I realised the man's eerie smile. "Hello, Heaven."

My breathing stopped. My eyes slowly roamed over the man. He was dressed in a crisp black business suit with a nice white shirt and a red tie. He had silky brown hair and pitch black eyes. Barely visible freckles dotted a perfect nose and high cheek bones. Soft lips pressed into a tight line complimented a rounded face. His shoulders were broad making him look like a line backer. His features were familiar to those of a person I knew so well.

"Damien."

He flashed me a stunning smile that I bet made women forget their own names. "It's nice to put a name to a face, isn't it?"

I slowly leaned back; my tense body putting up a fight. Damien noticed this and shook his head.

"You don't have to be afraid of me, Heaven," he said, his deep voice sending unwanted shivers down my spine.

I gulped and looked him straight in the eyes. "No offense, but you have a weapon pointed at my kneecap and I'm going to assume it's a gun or a knife and you also had your goons beat me black and blue in a forest a couple months ago. I think I have all rights to be afraid of you."

Damien chuckled and picked up my glass of water, taking a hearty sip before placing the glass in front of me. "Yes, well, I'm terribly sorry about that. In my defence, I was trying to teach Tristan a lesson. Besides, you must bear half of the responsibility as well considering that you hit Carlos. He doesn't take too kindly to being hit, especially by women."

My eyebrows disappeared in my bangs. Was he crazy? Bear half the responsibility? "So I was just supposed to let some unknown man whom I've never seen in my entire life snatch a terrified two year old out of my hands and let him drag me through the forest?" I scoffed. "Well, excuse me for not getting in touch in Carlos' inner emotions that day. I'm sure I really needed that beating. After all, Tristan did need that lesson," I snarled sarcastically.

Damien stared at me, a smirk etched on his lips. "Funny. I can see why Tristan loves you."

"Are you going to kill him?" I needed to know. I had to know.

"Yes," Damien replied, no ounce of remorse or regret in his voice.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. I figured as much. "Why? What did he do to you?"

"He took my father away from me," he said as he leaned forward. I gritted my teeth. His action caused the weapon to dig into my skin.

"Are you that naïve?" I whispered. I looked around the restaurant. No one would think that this wasn't a normal conversation. "How could you not see that what your father did was wrong? That what you did was wrong? As his older brother, you were supposed to protect him."