Chant

I woke up with a gasp. My heart was racing from the dream and I felt the energy run through my hands. The man, he had taught me how to use this energy and now he gave me the power to turn Ryan back into a human.

I stood up from the area i made from the fur of arctic wolves and polar bears. The southern side of Arrtia was now a dirty area ready for the great migration and when the animals migrated to Arrtia they would bring the seeds from their native lands and mark the mountains and plains with lush thick forests. I was dreaming over the trees and forest that would cover the lake. Me and Ryan's children playing and splashing in that still lake.

I saw Ryan sleeping softly on the dirt ground. He was curled into a circle. His back softly going up and down and his fur brushing to the warm wind. I raced across the shimmering lake and kneeled down next to Ryan. I slowly put my hand on his shoulder blade. I closed my eyes and concentrated on letting the Ko run down to my fingers and to Ryan's body. I could feel the flow of that energy run out of my hands. I had to concentrate onto the darkness that settled lightly on my mind. I had to control that darkness, and with that darkness I used the reaches of the Ko and turned the Ko into a whisper, a chant, or a spell.

My throat burned as the Ko touched my tongue. A wicked hiss erupted from my lips as I tried to take over the Ko and turn it into words. With this my voice altered. The tongue of my language changed into a tongue I didn't recognize. My voice turned into a wicked, hissing, evil whisper. But even if I didn't know this tongue I still knew the words of this whisper. Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, Turn into who you used to be. Let the force of nature fall from your soul and be human till your final day...

The voice stopped and the Ko fell down my throat. I opened my eyes as soon as the Ko left my finger tips. I felt tired, I felt very dizzy. But even if I gave Ryan almost all of my Ko he was still was a leopard. I backed away. Blinked, still a leopard.

Ryan opened his eyes and flicked his ear. His eyes a shinning sapphire blue. He stood up and faced my direction. A growl erupting from his jaws.

I feel to my knees in disbelief. "Ryan." I whispered. I couldn't flee. I was too dizzy. I felt like I needed to lie onto the dirt and fall into a deep slumber.

"Winter!" Shouted a voice in the sky and inferno landed in front of me. I saw inferno and tried to keep my body off the ground. "Inferno, please don't kill him, save me!" I gasped as my breathe was running out.

Inferno pulled me off the ground. He held me up to his chest. He jumped off the ground and the beast backed away in confusion. "It's ok." Was the last sound I heard before falling into infernos arms.

***

I woke up on a pile of fur. The first thing I saw was the frozen sea of Arrtia. Soon I remembered what had happened and sat up. Inferno came to my side and kissed me lightly on the cheek.

"Inferno." I whispered and a tear fell from my eye. "It's ok. It wasn't your fault..." He whispered softly in my ear. His lips ran down my cheek. I could feel his warmth and I laid my frail back to his strong chest. "I love you Winter." He Whispered again lightly feeling the white feathers of my wings.

Now I knew that the spell I casted on Ryan didn't work. There was no hope left for him. He would forever be a wild beast. A flashback of his wild gaze threw a shiver down my spine. Inferno felt that shiver and pulled his arms protectively around my body.

"I don't want you to ever leave me winter, I'm madly in love with you. I want you to follow me across the world and be with me forever. We could start a family, think about it, a family of angels and demons, I wonder what that would be like."

At that moment I was trapped in his warmth and I lost too much hope to dig myself free from his arms, from his love. "Inferno." I whispered. "I love you too." His lips ran down my throat and my muscles went as still as ice. His scaly wings circled around my body, Trapping me even more.

"Winter, I can't stop thinking about you. I never felt love as deep as this. Somehow I think I've found my mate in these vast icy lands. I can't stop thinking about your name, your voice, your wings, your beautiful snow white skin."

I turned around in his arms and threw my arms around his chest. I started to cry. At all the things that happened over those many days before, at how I hurt Inferno, at how Ryan had changed, at my childhood, at the good memories me and Ryan shared...

***

When are we leaving. I whispered. I had changed my clothes to a white furred coat and tan shorts. We sat together a foot away from the shining icy vast ocean. "Soon." Inferno Whispered. The words repeated over and over in my mind.

The suns rays shinned brightly as the sun set. Bringing tints of pinks and yellows to the sky above. Dusk, I haven't seen dusk nor dawn in it's full glory for so many years, so many.

The colorful birds at that moment filled the colored sky in the distance. flocks of chickadees, ravens, doves, bluebirds, sea birds, jays, and falcons and hawks.

"Beyond the snow." Whispered inferno. "We shall soar beyond the snow and to the south..."